Help for Diverticilitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 71 and was diagnosed with Diverticilitis just over a year ago.  So far I have kept really well, only a few flare ups.  Right now I am in so much pain, feeling nausies and light headed and pouring with sweat. 

I was told to stop eating white bread which I have and bought brown bread two days ago.   Although I really enjoyed it, it has seeds on it and I can only think that this has made me I'll.  any advice would be appreciated.

it is making me feel really low.(and sorry for my self). Lol

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Eleanor I avoid seeds at all times as they give me flare ups. Jac who cones on here regularly advised me to try thins all the supermarkets stock them now and I can eat them no problem.
    • Posted

Thank you Linda 

i will try the thins as soon as possible.  Right now I am feeling so ill, just going off to bed, hope things will be better tomorrow.

• Posted

Hi Linda, how are you doing ? good I hope  I have just repeated your post to Eleanor, because I didn't scroll down the replies 

I went on a bit about H&Bs probiotic capsules, but since I started with them, I haven't had a twinge since 28th August.The bread situation is

good, cravings for a sarnie are saved by the thins. x 

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline I'm not too bad had a flare up at Xmas and alternate running to loo and constipation fingers crossed everything will settle down. I must try the probiotic capsules
    • Posted

They are alternative to bread warburtons and kingsmill do them. They are in the bread aisle
    • Posted

I have never seen them in U.S... I think of chocolate mints (thin mints) when you say thins.. ha.
    • Posted

Hi Sam where U been ?

Thins are a scrummy very thin chocolate covered squashy mint,

OR, they are a like a very thin,square of soft bread in a pack of six ready sliced ,and D.D pouches seem to like them.

Suppose you don't have 'em where you are. Mind you, in saying that,

you probably didn't kmow they existed.

are you O.K.???

or

• Posted

Recommended by the gastric man himself, not particularly the capsules.

but he was all for probiotics. Easier than buying the yoghurts, you don't

have to watch the sell by , and there is a 100 in a jar I buy when they are on offer.

• Posted

Hey... I have been to the beach and have been flare free for 4 months. I have felt a twinge coming on a few times but will cut back on eating and drink my fiber and pop my probiotics and doctoring myself just fine. I am really amazed at how well I am doing because before I was getting sick every 2 weeks. As for the thins I have never heard of them. Are they white bread..wheat or rye?
    • Posted

All flavours ,mixes,brown and white, but I tend to stick to the solo

white ones. Glad you are good .so am I Don't want to brag tooooooooooooo much, just in case

• Posted

Yes... I dont want to get all braggy about my good health. Although I have had the flu for a month and it was pretty bad. Finally  coming out of that. It is epidemic here.
    • Posted

I'm back, had to go and do things. I was going to say, that the sunshine

was keeping you good . Vitamin D.  Did I tell you that I read  Dee Dee

sufferers were found to be lacking in Vit D  . I take some of it in tab form

How come you got flu being on the beach every day .? 

• Posted

Would the book be about what to do, or what not to do ? I'm blowed

if I know  It's a case of slowly .slowly pick and sort info.

• Posted

O.K. Sam I will start it 

Once upon a time there was an evil witch called DEE DEE who was

really good at making everyone she came into contact with feeling

really ill.------------------- your turn Sam

• Posted

This wicked witch would wave her majic wand causing waves of acute pain in lots of intestines. She thought that to conjure up some pippy ideas and produce nuts and suchlike she could magically bring about a lovely inflamation.------ come on Jacqueline!! Lets get going!
    • Posted

Ha  Ha HA Lovely idea Vera, hope every joins in.

The crafty baggage had a trump card (oops, unintentional)

she was invisible,and leapt out to cause destruction and mayhem whenever her demands for destructive foods were ignored.and sent people on a nightmare journeys to the bathroom, day or night,she didn't

care, as long as it was seemingly never ending  (What a nasty little basket she was ) and  she had hundreds of relatives,who kept in 

touch with each other to make sure they were all doing their worst

th their host  .----------------------next  

• Posted

I can in no way follow this. Ya'lll are too crafty with the words for me. Wish I could join in but my mind doesnt work that way. I am enjoying yours though. Keep it up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.