Help for partners of the depressed?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm back on anti-D's after 3 years off.  Really hit a bad time.  But my question isn't for me, it's for my husband...

Does anyone know if there is any help out there for those poor bu88ers who have to live and cope with us?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey smile I think it's more important that you put yourself first if you are depressed. I too have depression, and I understand what it feels like to not want to burden people with my constant negative energy. But the truth is, we're the ones going through a rough time. Not them. So if anyone sees us as "burdens", then more shame on them than us. I hope things get better for you. Any particular trigger which may have caused your depression to have relapsed?
  • Posted

Have you enquired if there are any support groups in your area?

What country are you in?

• Posted

I'm UK. No, I've not enquired anywhere yet...Not even sure he want help, but thought I'd see if anyone else felt the same?
    • Posted

Im in the Uk to, I really dont know Ive got nobody to put my misery on Ive chased them all away!!!!!!!

Ive depression for 16 years but anxiety started in December and Im back to square one.

All the best on your recovery you have done it once you can do it again.

Stay strongcool

• Posted

I really feel for my husband I am not the person he married and my depression has put a huge strain on our marriage. He was offered a chat with my mental health team but he refused x
  • Posted

how about setting yourselves up a local carers group for similar people in the area who care for partners or family.

rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.