help guide about anixety

Posted , 9 users are following.

i wanted to write about anxiety and the symtoms that may be experienced during an attack and how to deal with living with anxiety 

i have suffered with anxiety alot of my life and i wanted to write something to help others with anxiety and have a better understanding of why we get this physical symptoms of anxiety the problem with anxiety can come in many forms simply by being nervous before you go on stage the reason we get this feeling is because of the adrenalin that is realsed into are bodys to help us perfom better such as in an emergancy situation when someone needs help or just from being on stage this is completely natural how ever when you have an anxiety disorder the feeling of anxiety can be so intense that it can cause many physical and mental symptoms when i say mental it doesnt mean your mad it just a word for something with the brain 

mental symtoms of anxiety include to my experience there may be others out there but i just wanted to state the ones that i have felt and hope that i can give others a better out look on anxiety and to try and make them feel a bit better with living with anxiety 

being constantly worried of having a serious illness

always worried about your general health 

every ache pain your feel your think the worst

you think that doctors are missing something or are not lisening to you

you feel hopeless 

feel that theres no light at the end of the tunnel 

these are all mental symptoms that i had 

these are the physical 1s that i had 

blurred vision (due to hyperventalation)

hot and cold sweats 

dizziness (due to hyperventalation)

tingling in the hands,feet,face 

numbness in the hands,feet,face

chest tightness 

breathlessness 

feeling as though you want to get out of a situation as quick as possible this is because of the adrenalin in your body which causes the fight or flight response

heart pounding which is also due to the adrenalin goin round your body

muffled sound in ears 

pressure headaches 

unbalanced 

stomach upset dhiarrea need to pee often

nausea which may lead to vomiting 

shakyness of the whole body 

these are some of the symptoms i experienced and can be very frightening but it completely harmless to your body i want to explain about hyperventalation that causes the dizziness and breathlessness it because during a panic attack this happens without us even realised and before you no it your goin dizzy and find it hard to breath this is because we take to many quick and shallow breaths which causes us to inhale to much oxygen although we need oxygen to breath we also need carbon dioxide and without the carbon dioxide this causes us to feel dizzy and breathless and when people start to feel breathless because they were hyperventalating the make the common mistake of taking deeper breaths which adds to the problem when this happen some people find it usefull breathin in and out of a bag or just simply by using your hands this will then get the oxygen and carbon dioxide levels back to normal take small breaths try not to take big breaths 

there is also some helpfull excercises which some people might find helpful depending on the serverity of there anxiety like simply clenching your hands together and then realsing them this is to tell your body the different between tension and relaxing because during an attack are bodys go into a state of tension so simply doin these excercises may help calm you down there is also the breathing technique like breathing in 1 2 3 and out 1 2 3 this also helps to calm you down 

but some people do not get on with this and there are a number of different therapys you can have to help with this and also there is a number of different mediactions that may panic attacks vanish completely many people are worried of medication but they should not because these medication have had years and years of research before they were even allowed to use them as a perscription drug and your doctor will always do whats right by you and you will have regular check ups while on medication to see how you are getting on just remember people that anxiety is a very physical condition and it is possible to get over this i hope this imformation may help people and give them and outlook of the symptoms of anxiety and that you dont have to live with it forever 

shelby 

3 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

love this and also blood pressure if you take it sky high during panic atack
    • Posted

Yeah that is also another thing do you find my little article helpfulsmile
  • Posted

Thank you Shelby. Such a positive post. It helps put my anxiety into perspective. I hope many others feel the same. Xx

• Posted

It's probably your anxiety you don't aalways have to be having a full blow panic attack to have these symptoms do you find it worse when your relaxing?
  • Posted

Great read 👍....I've only started the anxiety thing over this past few months and at the start I was FRIGHTENED beyond belief but once I accepted it was what it was I found it easier to deal with the attacks and they have now stopped but I'm having more trouble with the daily symptoms they are harder to stamp out as they are physical 😱
    • Posted

Glad you like my little article I think it's helpfulsmile and yeah it's hard to live with anxiety but it is always possible to live a life anxiety freesmile what are your daily symptoms? Any I have wrote either from the metal or physical symptoms
    • Posted

Mental not metal lol
  • Posted

I was having the usual heart pounding one but when I decided to say to myself "bring it on" they actually stopped and if out of the blue I do get it it doesn't annoy me I just continue on as normal and it's working for me....I struggle with the lump in the throat and dry mouth and I can usually keep this at bay when I'm busy but when I relax it's tge one that creeps back and annoys me 😝
    • Posted

Lump in throat is 1 I've forgot to put in there u suffered with that badly but it has gone now it just a globas sensation and it will go
  • Posted

I'm new here and it's helped me feel a bit better reading this post thank you
    • Posted

Your welcome Sharon I'm glad I am helping with my postsmile
  • Posted

Hi Shelby, your post is awesome and I know you helped a lot of people. I know it helped me to remember all of the things that you listed. Meds really do help and I am woring through getting back on mine. If we worry warts really think about it, the odds of us discovering any true medical issues at the earliest point are a lot better than people who do not take care of themselves and do not pay any attention to their body. We just have to find that balance. Thank you!
    • Posted

Yeah your totally right and I'm glad my article has helped you they were all the symptoms I experienced and went by how I felt I would love to write a book about how I grew up with anxiety and how you can over come it and finally get over your anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.