Help! I am so uncomfortable

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So the doctor has diagnosed me with ibs as I have all of the symptoms such as bad stomach cramps, wind and bloating etc and I suffer with both diarrhea and constipation but my problem is that I always feel like I need to go to the toilet (for a number 2) and I can feel it in my bottom all day long.

Does anyone else feel like this? its getting me so down.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Princess,

I often feel like this, but I take Colpermin (peppermint capsules, you get from chemists or supermarkets), it does ease a lot of the cramps, and wind, and does ease the feeling of needing toilet...

You should try them, or if this is still giving you discomfort then see your GP, to see what he can think, it may be that your bowel needs a relaxant, to empty which may stop the feeling that there is still some there,, sorry for being to the point on that...

Take the Colpermin before you eat though, as it will not work, so I usually take it with a glass of water, while my food is cooking or if I have a sandwich at lunchtime, I take it about 20 minutes before hand.

In morning I take it when I get up and in the shower, so by the time I get dressed do my hair, makeup etc, and sit down to breakfast it has had time to digest...

hope this helps,, we are here when you need us.

xxx

• Posted

Hi tigger,

Thank you for your response, it is great to know I am not the only one as my doctor doesn't really seem to understand or being doing anything about it. I have been to them today and been given antidepressants - its mental! and I am prone to getting side effects of medicine and one of taking those is stomach disorders! I am getting so upset as I am still ill and spent an awful lot of money on prescriptions that dont work or make my symptoms worse!!

I shall try those peppermint tablets thank u very much. Do you get a lot of stomach cramps and wind at the same time as always getting the feeling of needing to go? Sorry to be explicit but just was wondering.

• Posted

Go straight to the chemist and buy Vitamin B6 supplement (alone) and Magnesium supplement.

Take on each every morning.

You should begin to feel the effects within a few hours. After 3 - 4 days,you'll feel brilliant!

• Posted

Check the diagnoses...IBS seems to be the in diagnoses...not always correct!

Look up G.E.R.D and E.E.R.D on Wikapedia see if your symptoms fit here?

As well as the symptom you describe, needing the toilet all the time, heartburn, waking with reflux action Tiredness, Lethargy. being sick after coughing fit or after food or drink

When ever there is some thing wrong with the stomach it becomes distended,

Ulcers. Make sure your Doc has sent you for an Endoscope.

Seems alot of people are told IBS, I was for 10 years, it wasn't! Now I just take one pill to cut the amount of acid in my stomach, I am back to my rather robust self.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.