Help, I had SSRI complication. Its been 2 months I’m still loopy

Posted , 1 user is following.

I think I had Seratonin Syndromes on the first day when I took both Escitalopram, benzodiazepines  and herbal supplements (B6, B12, Folate

Chaga mushroom herbs + reishi

Ashwaganda, lutein, enzymes

Milk thistle, probiotics

Magnesium + calcium

Vitamin C). Not sure which of those is the culprit. I went to see my PCP, he knew nothing. Went to see Psychiatrist the same there, referred to Neurologist, did some blood test and MRI. It all came out negative or normal. Except there is a remark on MRI result that says “mild mucuperiosteral thickening in the ethmoid air cells”. Which the Neurologist didn’t bother to explain what that is. 

It’s been two months. Im still feeling out of it although I feel better than the first day of the onset.

My brain is very foggy, I feel imbalance at times. I feel weakness in my muscles. My arms and legs muscle are tight at times. I get tired easily. When I do get tired it’s as though the original illness is coming back full fledge. When tired I can feel pulsating mild pain at the back of my neck on the left side. Right on ear level. I have to meditate or sleep to calm it down and recover. 

Just recently my stomach is feeling a needle-point very mild pulsing pain on the left side just under the left ribs. It comes and goes. Also at one point I can feel piercing sensation the tip of my right toe. But that’s gone now, only left the pulsing pain in the stomach.

I wonder if any of you out there had been through this and how do you go about it? Im off all meds now, its been 2 months. All I did was rest,eat healthy, and acupuncture. But I feel like there might be a side effect of this and that I need to know what it is to make sure I can go back 100% to my normal self. 

Help

Jordan

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.