help! I have this strange lump type scab thing on my bum cheeck

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have lump on my bum cheimageeck which is semi hard to the touch and is really painful when I sit down and pit pressure on it

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its a blocked and infected hair follicle. They are quite common on the buttocks and always painful when they get to this stage.

You may need to visit your doctor to get antibiotics if it continues to swell,but in the mean time keep it well washed and dont pick at it. You could also try gently lathering it with a very soft brush,but dont scrub or it will bleed.

You may get more of these so continue to either use a brush and lather to loosen dead skin on your buttocks or use an exfoliating wash...if you are in UK look for St Ives Apricot scrub in the supermarket ,which you will find with face washes. At night use a skin cream after washing. Try to do this at least twice per week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.