Help I’m confused

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I tested NEGATIVE for herpes in January 2018 then comes March I have this really bad discharge and pain anytime I would discharge or urinate which was pretty often I go to the hospital Friday tells me my cervix were inflamed and I possibly had chlamidya, tric, or gonorrhea.. so over the weekend the pain got so bad I could barley walk I would only pee in the tub it was really hard sleeping through the night as the discharge was so watery heavy and frequent.. Monday I rushed to the hospital there were two lesions she swapped them and they came back positive.. So my question is how is it possible for me to test negative in January then positive in March and I have not had sex with anyone since January.. Also my first outbreak was down in the genital area is it safe to say that this is Herpes 2 because my doc never told me which one I had

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry you're having to go through this. I was also recently diagnosed with HSV2 a month ago. My story differs from yours because I started showing the initial signs of a primary outbreak just a couple days after I was exposed. First outbreak was horrendous, but I have been having what seems to more outbreaks since my first one cleared up as my body is adjusting to the virus (and wine and whiskey sure is a great trigger) but what I can tell you is that these outbreaks are NOT even COMPARABLE to the first. Really just more of a nuisance than anything. No pain just slight itching and one blister . So take care of yourself till you've worked through this one.. I hope your doc gave you antivirals.

As far as your testing goes... when was the last time you potentially could have been exposed? Was it right before you had your results in January? Example like was it one week after sexual contact with someone? Was it protected? The terrible thing about this virus is that it can take months from the time of exposure till your body build antibodies to the virus which is what shows on your blood work to give you a positive or negative. Some people can show within the first month but some people and most don't show until 3 to 6 months from what I've read online. And I've basically read the entire internet 10 times over in the last month. This seems to be the active Trend that if you have the virus but are not showing physical symptoms (an open blister that can be swabbed) it might take awhile to actually show positive.

This is true in my case as the person that gave me this wonderful gift said that a month prior they had testing done and everything came back clear. He did not show any signs or symptoms, had never had an outbreak or any reason to believe that he had this. He passed this to me as an asymptomatic carrier. The best thing to do is educate yourself now as the doctors and health care system really don't have a lot of answers 2 questions. So groups like this and different forums on the internet are really your best go to for education. I had multiple doctors give me very different answers to a few of the same questions I asked.

Best wishes while you work through this and adjust. Take care of yourself. ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.