Help me, I can't take this anymore

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I'm a 17 year old, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I have a couple of problems, that I just really really want an answer for :'(. For almost over a year I have had this continuous problem where I feel like I can't breath if I don't make this weird hming/moaning noise. It's so so horrible. I know it may be the anxiety, but nothing helps. I tried to not think about it, I've tried to do other things, but not thinking makes it worse, I get agitated and feel like I'm dying. Trying to other things work's for 2 minutes and it shoots back all of a sudden. I don't want to take pills! I never want to be on medication and I won't give in to taking it, I just want another way that could possibly help me. 

My second issue is that, I have this chronic burping, I've had it for at least 6-8 months now, where for moments I would constantly burp, long burps, short burps, but it's frequent. Some times it stops and then it'll come back. Some times it's worse than other days and sometimes it now so bad. I've tried to get off fizzy drinks and eating food that could make it any worse, but it barely makes a difference.

Both of this problems become increasingly more painful and doctors can't help me..I've ask so many time's, 'is there anything I can do' But there is never a good enough answer. The burping hurts, and the breathing hurts, it makes my chest ache and my throat saw and I really just want it to end :'(

I know these might not connect to the same forum...but they don't help my anxiety because always leads to bad thoughts and I always end up getting upset...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

dont worry i fell the same but only at school you can talk to me 👍
  • Posted

Hello!! If you insist on not taking any kind of medication, then you have some work to do. You need to learn breathing exercises. One is breathing in through your nose counting to 10. Hold for 3 seconds, and blow out slowly through your mouth. Keep doing this till you feel calmer. And this will probably help with the burping. When we feel like we can't breath we breath faster, causing hyperventilation. Also we breath where we are gulping air into the stomach. Deep, slow breathing is good. Also find anything you can on Transcendental Meditaion. And books on Mindfulness. Google both of these and it will lead you to sites. Ask you Mom to get you the mindfulness workbook. I hope this helps to ease you mind some. There is a lot of help out there, but you have to do your part too. Good Luck xx
    • Posted

My mum has depression, so she can't help me. I can try this but I tried these things and eventually I'll end up feeling like I'm suffocating sad
    • Posted

Then you need to get to the root of what is causing this, and work through it. I know you feel all alone. But you are here on this forum, and a lot of people to talk to. xx
    • Posted

No idea what the root is, I've always had struggles simular, started with not being able to swallow food, then choking and refusing to eat...Then turned in to excesive yawning and not being able to yawn and if I couldn't yawn I couldn't breath and then it became what it is now...
    • Posted

Is anxiety and depression your only diagnosis? Have they said anything about some kind of phobias? i have a bunch of phobias, and think weird things because of them. But they have been brought on by actual things. Like whey I quit eating, it was because I started having allergic reactions to everything I was eating it seemed. So once you go into shock from a food, you are going to fear it to the extreme. So I am just wondering if they have mentioned any other conditions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.