Help me. Petrified

Edited , 2 users are following.

Nearly two week ago I got a small piece of soft chewy sweet (candy kittens) stuck in my throat. It caused me to panic but I did not choke on it, I just felt it get lodged in my throat. I tried to wash it down with water but didnt work. Now nearly two weeks later I can still feel it. I'm drinking ok but barely eating as i feel I can feel it getting clogged up in my throat. I spoke to two doctors who said the sweet just irritated my throat and damaged the membrane but not convinced as it was such a soft sweet and how could it do that. It feels very uncomfortable and I dont know what to do. I was advised it would of dissolved by now but still worried as it still feels its there. It doesnt feel sore just a constant sensation of discomfort and lost a stone in weight as too terrified to eat. Has anyone else had this due to getting food stuck?

Im so terrified and its hard for me to get an appt as private hospital close to me isnt taking appts due to whats going on so i cant get an endoscopy

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Amber, this happened to me last year. I wont go into all the details, but i had something stuck in my throat too. Fast forward a year and i still have issues with my throat, but I dont let it bother me anymore. Never went to get checked and just "allowed" it. i know its from anxiety and never went to get checked. when everything opens again and you still feel like something is seriously wrong, go get checked. The odds are....its just a weird side effect of stupid anxiety 😃

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I lost 10 pounds and I am already small so it was not a welcomed weight loss. I would puree everything. Still have not taken a pill in over a year. My vitamins are liquid. My Tylenol is liquid. I take Childrens Benadryl in liquid form for allergies. I chew my food a lot before i swallow, but I eat normal now and gained the 10 pounds back. I talk to a therapist about it. Maybe you can do that too. I think we have ptsd.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Me too. I've been trying to but still haven't managed to eat in days due to fear. Bless you, glad youre eating again. Its very unpleasant and the sensation is constant for me and I never considered that. Thanks for the advice

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up