Help me please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone. I'm needing some help dealing with my feelings and thoughts. I've recently purchased a new car. Well needless to say I was very happy about this being I've only purchased preowned cars in the past. Well I was very excited until a day after I bought it home. Suddlendly I was in a state of panic wondering what have I done. Doubting myself wig continuous thoughts running through my mind such as what if I can't make the payments, I don't deserve a new car, etc. The panic has affected me so bad that I keep a nervous stomach and can't eat and hardly able to sleep. Has anyone else experienced something of this nature. Anxiety is nothing new to me but the state of panic I'm in causes me to have crying spells for hours daily.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get that dannie.  When you suffer from anxiety/depression etc. good things in life can be as stressful as bad ones. 

Trust yourself - you have obviously worked out you can afford a new car (lucky you) and the worst that can happen if you don't make payments is you lose it.   Don't catastrophise though. 

Tell yourself you do deserve it and think how wonderful you will feel when you drive it!   Well done.  Now chill out relax and think what name you are going to give it.  I name all my cars smile 

• Posted

Thank you so much hypercat for those encouraging words. You said a mouthful I always find a way to worry about the good things also. Always have. I appreciate you taking out the time to respond. Lol now I have to think of the name.
  • Posted

Hi Dannie - I can sympathise with your predicament. I have often in the past vacilated over decisions and then, having made one, worried it was the worst mistake. I survived them and the fears were never realised. You wanted a brand new car, now you have one. Enjoy it and dismiss the imagined negatives. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much wayne1962. How were you able to cope with those negative thoughts?
    • Posted

Hi again Dannie. I knew I had to make a choice - to do something, commit myself to it, keep the target in sight and try not to regret any decision. Also that perfection in anything is not absolute in this world, and that pondering too long might cause me to miss out on an opportunity. Fear can be such a burden.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.