Help me please

Posted , 7 users are following.

The weight gain I was doing so well but I've gained over 20lbs please ladies besides walking any suggestions

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sugar! If you consume processed sugar, cut back. You'll be amazed. Sodas, tea with sugar, juices.
  • Posted

Hi - You could start Juicing, really good to get your body cleaned inside!

I do cucumber, kale, spinach, carrots & a handful of grapes to sweeten. I have this in the mornings. This has helped me lose 1/2 a stone, which has been slow, over 6 months! very happy!

• Posted

Hi Monique try cutting sugary drinks and snacks out completely. Apples fill you up as full of fiber glass of water before every meal fills you up. Try 500 calories two days s week then weigh yourself and go on line and see what the recommended calories are a day for the other five days only eat that amount each day. It works it's called the five two diet . Good luck.
    • Posted

Don't get depressed just think every day I'm helping my body to lose weight. It will come back off slowly and surely. X
    • Posted

Basically, whatever your calorie intake and calories burned each day is, your body adjusts and then just stays there. You have to do something different to cause your metabololism to kick start. So if you've been walking, you'll have to kick that up. Either more days a week, longer or faster. Or start a weight program. Muscle burns more fat. So if you start weight training, you'll burn more. Don't get discouraged. It's tough but you can do it!
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat. I have lately started to try and eat every 3 to 4 hours. This stops my crazy cravings and getting too hungry. I add protein to each snack. Obviously, go for the healthier options. 

So far I feel better. 

I have started to do a 1-mile walk, on YouTube, which is easy enough (when I am not exhausted). I watch bad fats, try and cook in low cal sprays or nut oils (for example)

I eat lean meat, cut down on sugar and I hope that helps in some way. xx

• Posted

I have a similar problem.  I am into menopause for about a year and started gaining weight. I managed to lose some by a strict dieting regime, and now I seem to have to stick to it, otherwise I gain weight again. So very calorie controlled, no more than 1400 calories a day, no sugar, no chocolate, hardly any dairy, no fat - its so boring and tough to stick to.

Trying to excercise as well, but get tired more easily.  I know metabolisms slow during the menopause. I also had hypothyroidism for a while which seemed to correct itself.  I'm wondering if its come back again. I'll ask the Dr for a blood test. This is always worth doing, as this often happens around menopause.

• Posted

Hi Monique,

If you find a way let me know. I tried so hard last year, walking riding my bike, tried doing some squats which depressed me because I used to crank out 150 without a problem now 50 and I'm exhausted. I've cut cakes bread sweets and halved my portions,

I only really managed to stop gaining.

I've lost 6 lbs since November on HRT but that has stuck now and don't seem to be losing any more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.