HELP ME PLEASE!!! Need advice....

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello I am a 27yr old female. I am suffering from anxiety but I feel like it's something that my dr and these hospitals are missing. I have been feeling very sickly off and on since July. My dr keeps trying to put it on anxiety. I have had blood work done and been to three different hospital plenty of times and a cardiologist and everything's coming back normal. But I don't feel normal I feel sick. Like I'm dying from a deadly disease. I barely want to leave the house. I am on alprazolam it has been working but today it seems not to wanna work. I don't know what else to do. I don't go out anymore it's work and back home. I'm barely getting sleep at night. Does anyone else feel like with that has anxiety or do you feel like it's something else the Drs are missing. I feel like I'm going to be one of those find it to late cases (God forbid). This is driving me insane!!!!! Just want my life back...😢😢😢😢😢

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel I have felt that way for the past year but I had to come to terms with the fact that I have anxeity and depression. I kept thinking they where missing something but what I had to do was step back and look at all the appointments with many different doctors and many different hospitals and I relieved they can't all be missing something. I am not going to lie the meds are awful but I've only just started taking them so hopefully they will start working soon.
  • Posted

Why do you treat anxiety like it is something to be overlooked?

The irony of anxiety is its exacerbated by your negative thought pattern that you're ill.. which keeps you feeling ill.

• Posted

Also sounds like you may be depressed too... you more than likely suffer from hypochondria (health anxiety) no matter the amount of reassurance you get from every doctor, you still feel like somethings wrong. I thought I had a brian tumor for almost two years when I recently went to my local ER and had a CT scan of my head and it made me so much better but I still have physical symptoms bUT i no longer fear of that. See if your doctor can refer you to someone you can talk to and see if there's something they can do to help you feel better. I'm sorry you're going through this sad keep your head up the best you can. But just keep doing what you need to do to if you feel like somethingsomething wrong. You know your body better than any doctor could. But just try to get help so you know if it is health anxiety you can get it under control
  • Posted

Out of curiosity what do you feel is wrong. Yes you have anxiety but what is the majot condern.
    • Posted

Do the basic checks. Are you eating well? Taking multi vitamin and moving about at least thirty minutes a day? Do you get sleep at night? Have you learned meditation and cbt? Do you consume at least ten full glasses of water a day? The body needs nutrition, sleep and exercise to function properly, especially in anxious people. Once you feed it poorly, a use it, sleep deprive it it tends to start malfunctioning. Anxiety is a huge bully and beats uo the whole body and the adrenaline rushes are exhausting. So cover those basics for a bit and see if your stregnth returns. As your stregnth returns you will be better equipt to properly del with the anxiety.you kicked it once before so you do know what to do. Set back happen but you are a strong person and you believe with your entire body this will pass and you will get through this. But you would not expect a car to drive with no gas or driving fluids so dont expect your body to function well with bad nutrition, lack of sleep nd being put through adrenaline rushes. 
  • Posted

Hi Jay how long have you suffered with anxiety? And what triggered it. Im a lot older than you, I do sympathies with you,

As I've had it a long time, but pills didn't work on me,

But I did come across a cognitive behaviour therapy series on line I can't recommend this therapy enough.

I made great progress, this Doctor suffered with anxiety himself so knows what he's talking about. There 20cds in the series. An you take it step by step. Goog luck

• Posted

I have been dealing with anxiety for 7 yrs off and on. At first it was jus shortness of breath and it went away for months. Then it came back I couldn't eat or barely move. Then it went away for yrs. now it has come back and I have never had any of these physical symptoms I'm having now so it's scaring me thinking i am really sick. I'm not stressed out or constantly worrying or thinking about anything. It jus comes out of no where. I could b fine then it hits me. I don't understand
    • Posted

I used to think I didn't have anxeity either because I kept saying I am not stressed out but it was explained to me that even if you don't feel stressed the anxeity can hit you just off a word you here or something you see.
  • Posted

It sounds like you are going through what I am...all my test come out fine and the prescribed my xanex...and tried putting me on Zoloft...I couldn't handle it I will never take another ssri. Only the xanex brings me partial normalness .so I know it's panic disorder and it sounds like you have somethingsimilar
  • Posted

Hi Jay, I felt the same about a year ago, i was dead tired, hardly could move my body and felt really ill, like having a severe flu all the time, and it felt like life was draining out of me. At the same time I wasn't able to sleep at night, my whole body felt on alert, my heart was pounding and I was to awake to sleep at all. During day time I was exhausted and didn't want to do anything other than sleep. Is this what you are experiencing? Can you describe your symptoms more precisely?
    • Posted

I just feel sick like I'm slowly dying. Have body aches everywhere headaches get dizzy nauseous feel like I have to throw up but never throw up tightness in chest shortness of breath and while I'm trying to sleep feels like I can't breath. Even at times I have the taste of blood in my mouth. It's just driving me crazy!!!
    • Posted

Hi Jay

Just come across you post, I feel just the same especially in the mornings, the taste of blood really scarred me so went dentists and he could not find anything wrong but I did read that anxiety can cause this. Have had anxiety on and off for about 5 years but never had bad as i feel now.

I'm so scarred this time I have lost interest in everything I used toike , everyone around me are saying it will be ok in the end but my head is not hearing any of it.

My anxiety is driven by the thought that I keep making wrong decisions and latest one has ruined the rest of my life.

• Posted

Sounds very familiar to me! Including the fact it drives you crazy and also 'the taste of blood', which I would describe as a metallic taste.

In my case a problem in my intestines, accompanied by vitamin deficiencies as a result, caused all this.

I recovered by applying a compementary approach: identifying food allergies, restoring my gut health, solving deficiencies and strengthening of my immune system by breathing exercises, cold showers, visiting a craniosacral therapist, change of diet, taking suppelements and herbs etc. It took quite some time to get better, but in the end all problems were resolved.

If you want to find out if you could be suffering from the same (which could well be the case), it's best to get some help of a complementary doctor/therapist, because it's quite complex to find out all this by yourself. and you need access to lab tests which aren't the same as the ones your regular doctor would order.

If you stick to conservative medicine I think it will be hard to find the right approach, since regular doctors are not thinking about health and illness in a systemic way.

• Posted

When you say access to lab test which aren't regular test my dr would order. What do you mean by that?
    • Posted

Have you been tested for Lyme Disease or a Parvo Virus. I had the same symptoms last year. Went to every "ologist" under the sun. All tests were negative. I finally started feeling better. Then finally a rheumatologist said he thought I had had a parvo virus, which was very possible because I caught Fifths Disease from my son when he was about 5. I was about 38 at the time and woke up feeling like I had developed arthritis literally overnight. I went to a Rheumatologist and when they tested me, they said I was having an active parvo infection. It lasted about a month. I didn't know that it can stay in your system and re-emerge when you are under a lot of stress. But now I think the parvo virus did some kind of damage to my central nervous system, which is now causing my anxiety problems.
    • Posted

Hi Jay, regular doctors don't test your gut microbiome or for leaky gut, don't check your nutrition level in your blood and don't check for a certain kind of food allergies. Also they don't look in to the root cause of your complaints.

A complementary therapist, like for instance a orthomolecular therapist, can do all of these tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.