Help!! Medication increase and side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was on 5 mg for 4.5 weeks and just increased to 10 mg.I am now really tired, nausous, have a stuffy nose and feel like a zombie. Is this normal and will it subside soon?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Michelle,

This is all side effects I'm afraid. I increased from 20-30mg but only had very mild side effects, nausea & upset stomach. It passed after about 3-4 days though. I think when you increase you are likely to experience all or some of the initial side effects you started off with. Some new ones too at times.

It will pass in time though and hopefully you will be starting to feel the benefit. Stick in....it's worth it!! 😉

• Posted

thank you for the reassurance, i just want to feel normal again 😃

• Posted

You will....I know it doesn't feel

like it at the time. I was where you are and I came out the other side even though I was convinced nothing was going to "fix" me. It's a struggle to get there but just remember, you're going through the worst as it is, so just keep taking the meds and they will start to pull you through. I used mindfulness techniques, walking when ever I felt I could, audio books, reading about anxiety and diazepam of course, to get me through the bad patches. Good Luck, hope you get to enjoy tomorrow 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.