HELP NEED A BIT OF ADVICE PANICKING A BIT

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know we're not drs here but looking for some help probably reassurance more

hi a couple of weeks ago I had quite a severe kidney infection began with a P anyways was put on antibiotics they sent my urine sample away when I phoned for results it came back normal relief. well tonight I have been getting pains in my left side and been feeling sick all day I am worried that it's come back. I have health anxiety aswell so do panic. the pain is copable at moment as it comes and goes do you think I can wait till morning to get into the drs and just to go to sleep now. I'm more sure if I have a bit of temp (my hubby says I feel ok but he tries to reassure me so I don't panic) as had a hot bath 1 hour ago to help sooth aches and like I said worrying coz of my anxiety, as long as I phone first thing that should be fine shouldn't it. I also have a stomach scan tomorrow at 12 from the last time as they wanted to check my gall bladder etc aswell. I did go to a party Saturday and had too much alcohol so I wonder if this could of flared things off !! I don't know x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

A hot bath will raise your temperature, perfectly normal
  • Posted

Hi Kerry - I'm an A & e nurse and it's quite safe to wait until tomorrow for a GP appointment.

If you develop a high temperature (38 or over) and the pain is intolerable, call 111.

I think you'll be ok, though

Chrissie

• Posted

Hi I would contact the out of hours drs for advice. You need to ring 111 .

I was wondering why the dr did not give ou an emergency suppy of antibiotics in case your symptoms returned. Perhaps you need to send a specimenn of urine for microbiology to see if the infection has cleared up or is returning.

Alcohol is not really adviseable .

• Posted

I think that's a waste of 111's resources, quite honestly.

A urine infection - if it is one - can wait until the morning.

• Posted

Doctors don't give supplies of medications to people 'in case their symptoms return.' That's a nonsense.

Also, microbiology is only available at night for serious emergencies.

• Posted

Sorry that you disagree with common practices employed by consultant nephrologists and urologists.

My renal physician as well as very experienced General Medical Practitioners and A and E drs hold the view that a urine infection is a medical emergency .

Whilst working on the dialysis unit his is the artificial kidney unit  I encountered several patients whio had ended up with renal (kidney) failure as a result of ascending untreated recurring urinary tract infections.

Whilst not wishing to cause alarm to anyone I feel duty bound to convey this important information to anyone seeking assistance.

• Posted

I waited I have handed a sample into go so have to wait for them to call me back with results. when my originAl results can back from lab they were all clear...and the alcohol was over a week after the last infection but defo think that may or continued. on way for a stomach scan now that was booked in from the last time
    • Posted

IF 111 think you are wasting resoursces they will tell you.

The objective of ringing 111 was to speak to an OOH dr who may have issued some antibiotics to prevent any possible ascending urinary tract infection.

UTI's are usually taken seriously by doctors.

Hope the above helps.

• Posted

I had my stomach scan today and turns out I have a few gall stones so that explains a fair few things. I now have to wait a week for my doctor to get all the results and go from there. tha ks again for the advice and help xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.