Help , need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Can I take Imodium,while I bleeding,getting in a bit of a mess.help !!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ring 111 for advice .
    • Posted

Thank you Linda,I have had bleeding before and diarrhoea together in January 2016 but can’t remember wether I took Imodium ,doctor gave me Fybogel two weeks ago been taking them until ,didn’t say how long to take them. Got a really busy day tomorrow and thought about taking half a dose of Imodium to get me though it. !!
  • Posted

Are you talking female bleeding or bleeding from bowels?  If from female then yes, if from bowels do you have bad runs?  If so I think I would take it personally but you can call ER and ask to talk to nurse or your GP tomorrow. 
  • Posted

Well is the bleeding from having to use the loo often ? Imodium firms the poo so I'm sure it's ok .. only if you have Colitis you should not take Imodium.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up