Help needed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please can you lovely ladies tell me when you take your HRT tablets in the morning or Evening, as I'm also taking blood pressure tablets and I take them at 8 am every morning and I don't know if I'm ok taking my HRT tablet straight after.

Many thanks 

Karen

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As a retired ob/gyn nurse, I would suggest you take it 1 or more hours after taking your blood pressure medicine. The other thing is to be consistent on the time you take your HRT. When I was on it, I use to take it everyday at lunch time, between 12-12:30pm. If you have any questions about when to take medicine, you can always consult a pharmacist; they're extremely knowledgeable when it comes to combining medication and any adverse effects if taken together. 

• Posted

Not sure about the closeness to your blood pressure tablets but I can see someone in the know has replied. Interesting about the HRT tablets though. I'm on gels and originally was told to take them am. I was then told to reduce the dosage and started having insomnia and headaches and was told to swap the time to night time. Whilst my sleeping pattern is almost back to normal my internet research tells me you should usually take HRT supplements am so as to not interfere with your circadian rhythms in the evening when your hormones are naturally at their lowest. I've swapped back today so your message is timely! My moods had dipped a lot and that might be why. Good luck with resolving this- not sure I've helped other than to reassure about taking the HRT am.

• Posted

Hi Karen 

?I have taken blood pressure tablets for many years i take two! I also take Hrt. I take them every morning around the same time 9am. I jave always taken them all at the same time? Ibshall look into this now as never been told not to take them together?

?As i said i have always taken them like this & seem to work for me.smile

• Posted

I take the estrogen/testosterone in the morning & progesterone at night. And vagifem twice a week, This how my endocrinologist instructed me. I am not on bld pressure medicine.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.