help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all been suffering anxiety for 9 months and on 10mg propranolol 3x daily as cannot tolerate antidepressants, i take a 2mg diazapam when really bad but have not took one for months now anxiety seems to be easing, but what i'm really suffering with the last few months is off balance feeling especially when walking and it's getting to a stage where i cannot cope with it,doctor did a balance test on me like marching on spot with eyes closed and standing on 1 leg he said it's not balance related as i was ok doing them.... so what is it then he told me it's stress related it's a horrible feeling my blood pressure is ok i'm scared they've missed something, had my bloods done in august 2018 they were fine had ecg's done last month they were fine, i'm 54 and post meno 5yrs now cannot take hrt i'm supposed to go away on 27th may and i'm scared something will happen to me as i cannot stand this off balance feeling in my head it's bad today but my hubby said i'm worrying about it which is makeing this worse anyone had similar thing like mine,would kindly love to hear

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ok my daughter gives you her condolences on this. Let's see here it is not vertigo this is obvious, the over all dizzy feeling is very bad, so stress does make it worse. You have not taken your anti-anxiety medication for a while? It can I am at a loss hold on here.....certain medications can make the dizziness but doesn't sound like the cause, Do you ever have spinning spells? It could be an inner ear problem that could be causing this, with inner ear problems it could cause the dizziness...have you checked for this? Um, you can possibly talk to your doctor about meniere's disease, this is an inner ear disorder.

• Posted

hi jenny ty for replying, i are not on anti anxiety meds as i cannot tolerate them i are on propranolol 3 x daily and diazapam when needed i do try not to take these as they are benzo's i dont feel like spinning it is when i walk i just feel off balance i had an ultrasound on my cartioid artery's in my neck but that came back normal the doctor looked in my ears and said it looked normal i'm pulling my hair out wondering what it could be,they gave me some anti sickness tablets which can help with the dizziness but i have not tried them yet as i have read the side effects to me they might make it worse so i'm hesitent

• Posted

Hi. been there bought the t-shirt!! My thing is Im going to fall etc., when standing anywhere I would feel my legs staring to shake and felt dizzy.. Ive tried the tablets for balance etc., with me it was anxiety. Ive done CBT and this came to light, some people feel theyre going to be sick etc., me, dizziness and falling. so, my dread was going to a shop and standing in a queue, the legs would start to go and I wobbled the whole way home and nearly fell in the door to sit down... I even had a lady say to me that I was drinking an awful lot!! nice!! havent had a drink in over 8 years because of meds, I was and am afraid to. So the advice I was given was to stand it out, distract myself by looking at peoples shoes, or looking at products on the shelf - why, to stop me what they call "body surfing" as in, am I hot? are my legs wobbly? am I OK? and the biggest one, what if.....? I was told to change it to so what..? & it works with practice. I hate to say this - lol, but your hubby is right, you may not be aware but the mind is doing it thing in the back ground. last year I had booked our hols, for weeks before I was really bad with anxiety, how would I get through an airport, sit on a plane for hours and anything else that came into my head!! but on advice from one of the many helpful people on here I had a chat with my husband and told him of my worries, he was great Bless him, when we got to our destination he gave me a hug and said "well done" & "you are stronger than you think you are" So try distraction and keep going as you are, having said that if you need to take a tablet, take it, if you feel better, then it maybe anxiety. i truly wish you well very soon. Jx

• Posted

I'm just curious, do you still feel as dizzy after you take the diazapam ? I had this for years, and got the all clear on all the tests also, and what I did notice was that when it came on and of course made me anxious, I would take a 1/2 of a clonazepam and the dizziness would go away. So that might be something to pay attention to next time you take the diazapam, see if the dizziness gets better, if so then more then likely it's more then likely anxiety related.

Best Wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.