Help needed pls

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 37 with 3 children and single mom , I suffer from health aniexty for the last 6 years since losing my dad very very sudden to cancer. My youngest child my little girl is 3 and she's being assessed for autism which I'm finding hard to accept as she has all the signs but getting help from therapists/doctors. But I'm really confused because I have anxiety but think I'm depressed too cause I have physical symtoms which make me feel really down and the more I think of them the worst the "symptoms" are ..,

Lack interest in things

Shoulder ache/pain

Neck pain going up towards head

Heavy head feeling

Feel sick sometimes

Feel tired /emotional

I've had urine and bloods taken which come back ok but keep thinking they have missed something , I keep checking my self for lumps and bumps which is driving me mad just lost at what to do sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi louise ive just come off the phone to my friend. Bless shes got severe healthy anxiety & 2 young children and is @ breaking point.. she kps going to the hospitsl with all the symptoms u mentioned above. The tests are becoming more invasive and i try to reassure her she isn't dying all the tym. It must be so hard for u. It is for her too. If you havent already made an appt with yr dr i would asap and tell them everything. Its a genuine mental illness that needs to be treated accordingly with either meds. Or a combo of meds and therapy. U need to get ur life back. This is consuming & ur missing out on life xxxx i wish u all the best. Please seek help. Mandy ?? xxx

• Posted

Hi thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I feel like I'm the only person in the world that feels like this . What tests has your friend had?? It's so bad with me that I carry images around with me like bone and muscles and where there suppose to be on the body incase I feel something I can double check with the image. I'm always on google double checking and when I check myself I always check again shortly after incase I've missed something before. I've had many tests especially on my breast because I felt what I thought was a lump , thank god it wasn't but I even bruised my breast tissue cause I was poking and checking too much

• Posted

Hi Louise - sorry to read of your situation.  The first thing to accept is that all tests have been negative, proving there is nothing seriously physical that ails you. The next thing is to stop questioning that acceptance. The third thing is to ascertain whether your pains in shoulder/neck/head are caused by a kink in the spine. A simple appointment with the chiropractor will address that situation. The fourth thing is to recognise you have been under a great deal of stress - a single mum, loss of a parent, possible medical condition with your youngest - and it is time for you to take a deep breath and organise some time out just for you. Lastly, it would be wise for you to discuss what you are feeeling with your doctor and ask for a referral to a counsellor/psychologist to talk through your issues. Meds may be prescribed to help even out your mood and assist in dealing with any anxiety/depressive conditions, which could be the root of your suffering. Best of luck to you. 
  • Posted

Hi Louise

Your off to a great start by just writing your post and reaching out!  That takes courage and although it may not feel like it, it really is a great step to take.  People who suffer from anxiety, usually experience bouts' of depression and I know because I'm one of them.  Some medications that are used for anxiety are also used for depression.  By the sounds, the passing of your father (may he Rest In Peace), the austism assessment of your youngest daughter, as well as your own health issues will certainly be very overwhelming and emotionally draining.  As cliche as this may sound, but it is so very important for you, to be gentle with yourself, especially now.  If you can, try and just STOP, PAUSE and BREATH DEEPLY, even if it's only for a few minutes throughout the day, this can be just as affective as doing a half-hour meditation.  As for your 3yo, early intervention is a blessing in itself, as the much needed support and services she needs, can be set in place now.  This will benefit you and your family in the long-term.  

Love & Light from Oz!

• Posted

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read and reply to me, I've booked appointment with my doctor on 29 th march , it's about time I think to tell him everythink and how I feel as I just want my life back especially for the sake my 3 children .

My anixety ain't been too bad the last few days but my shoulder joint is hurting abit but I think it's because I do carry my little girl a lot , she loves cuddles so she always wants to be picked up , I'm holding her for 1 hour is more sometimes , I have downloaded another picture tho sad it's if a shoulder image to check again that my bones and muscles are matching both sides .

• Posted

Awww thats good u have an appt louise. Hope it goes well. X wishing u lots of luck for the 29th, mandy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.