Help?? Not sure if have acid reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking nexium for several months 40mg, I still experience pain in my mouth and on the right side of throat which lead to tung. I also was told have hiatus hernia, I am just wondering if I should try something else. I don't want this to continue to take over my life.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry. Have you done an endoscopy? Consult another doctor if yours is not helping.
  • Posted

Don't worry but do an endoscopy. In case you have bile reflux, PPIs may not work for you.

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I have a dry tongue and it feels so swollen and I'd think this is due to ppis. I am gonna ask my doctor for new ideas. Have you changed your diet? 
  • Posted

Do not worry, please.

Watch your diet. Do you think you may have bile reflux? I have heard that sometimes it may be symptomless. If you have bile reflux, PPIs may not work. In that case, you may need other medicines such as Domperidone, Ursodeoxycholic acid or SSRIs depending on the reason of your reflux.

• Posted

I have heard that using only PPIs is not be good when you have bile reflux. If you have both acid and bile reflux, ... ummm, not sure... things can be different... Ask your doctor if he can give you Domperidone, Ursodeoxycholic acid or other drugs for your bile reflux. Yet I'm not sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.