Help! Not sure if I have LS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 20 years old and ever since i have been a teenager i have been constantly sore and irritable downstairs, i am diabetic and have been to the doctor so many times to be told i have thrush or cystitis, my doctor is not very good anyway and his suggestion to me last time was just good general hygiene, i am a clean and hygenic person and was rather offended when he said this to me. I feel like i can no longer cope with the symptoms, i am so sore all the time it feels like someone has rubbed sand paper on my vagina and has then decided to stick pins in my skin, sorry to make a laugh out of it but i have now got to the point that if i dont laugh about it i will most definately cry. Any Help will be very much appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi thank you for your help but i have tried almost everything for all differen types of vaginal problems, but today whilst i was on the internet trying to research what could be wrong with me i came across a site that said to try using aqueous cream or e45, and luckily enough i had some aqueous cream so i thought i would give it a try, and so far so good it has worked wonders and i have only used it once, so i am hoping i have found a quick fix solution for the time being.
  • Posted

Hiya Chelsie, I can fully understand how you're feeling. After going through everything you are told by the the medical proffession and everything you read , it's soul destroying to get another bout of thrush. I am in the same position. My dermatologist is sending me for patch testing now to see if i'm allergic to the meds i'm using for my LS. Everything else i've tried has failed to halt the thrush.

Certainly alot of your symptoms tally with my LS ,but it could also be alot of other vulval related conditions. Could you be a bit more forceful with your GP? I know it's really hard , but he/she should be looking into why you have recurrent thrush anyway after years of suffering. Can you ask for a referal to a dermatologist or a second opinion of some kind do you think? Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns as it were! You sound at the end of your tether and i can see why , it's a terrible thing to suffer with all the time and in such an awkward place to scratch. Anywhere else on your body you have an itch you can give it a good old scratch but not down there .

Funnily enough i've just asked for some advice on another LS site (United States) for treating thrush without resorting to prescribed tablets , as i seem to be taking far too many .I have been told to mix apple cider vinegar with water and pour that on and up if poss , (with a home made squirt bottle) as this stops it before it takes hold. I'm not sure of the availability of that kind of vinegar in the UK but i'm going to see if i can get some and give that a try. I'm still willing to give anything a go that will help. Let us know how you get on . Take care. Netty x

• Posted

Thank you netty for your reply, i have been to my dctor that many times he is really quite usueless to be honest, i went to him last week and he told me just general hygiene should be ok, he didnt take a look at me or really do anything at all, but i am an hygienic person and i was using feminine wash but have stopped using this as i do not know if it was making it worse or not, also i have not long had a baby and kkdue to being on my period i have been wearing sanitry towels but they seem 2 irritate me that much and make me so sore, but i have come off my period now and now i have not been wearing the sanitry towels i am not as sore down below so i am wondering weather i may just have thrush or a water infection and maybe i am allergic to sanitry towels because i have noticed that when ever i seem to wear them i am just that whole lot sorer, dos any one have any ideas if this is a possible cause, thank you any help will really be appreciated.
  • Posted

Hi again Chelsie, Yes pads do seem to cause alot of ladies alot of grief and irritation. My dermatologist told me to stay away from the Always brand pads of any kind . There are many different kinds out there as you know . I've even tried a mooncup (Google it) to avoid pads but i couldn't get used to it. There are also some natural washable pads , but i personally don't want to go down that avenue yet . Stay away from perfumed pads (you probably already know that) . I'm on Kotex ones at the moment which seem to be fine for me , but i think it's trial and error , as what works for one may not for others . See how it goes after a change of pad and then back to your GP if no change . Keep posting to let us know how you're getting on. Netty x
  • Posted

Thanks netty, i have used always pads for as long as i can remember in fact i kthink they are the only pads that i have ever used, i did do some research on mooncups, which may work for me, i am now not on my period, and now im not wearing sanitry towels i am not as sore down below even though i am still sore it is not unbearable klike it was before, thanks again netty xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.