Help on coming of olanzapin

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I am coming of olanzapin I have reduced it by 2.5 so now on 10 mg does any one no what side affects I might get? Started reducing it on Monday

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Taper off supervision of doctor. Take it slow and be gentle with yourself.
    • Posted

Thanks Kevin my gp would of liked it to b done in hospital but psychiatrist won't do that I have to ring my gp on Monday to let her know how I am doing

• Posted

10mg is still a strong dose.
    • Posted

Is it I thought it was a small dose but don't really no much about the doses

• Posted

R u managing on it? I've been on it for about 6 months and can't tolerate it anymore feel terrible all the time

• Posted

I haven't slept well in years. My doc gave it to me for sleep. I'd rather not take it. I hope to be on it for a short time. I hope!!!!!!

• Posted

If it Helps u in the short term that's great fingers crossed u r on it for just a short time

• Posted

Started on it with Valium included
    • Posted

Ah right pleased it helps u. Don't no what my psychiatrist will put me on instead of the olanzapin

• Posted

Hi Kevin, I am just horrified that any GP anywhere in the world  would prescribe Olanzapine purely for sleeping difficulties...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.