Help or advice please

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had an emergency operation to remove my gallbladder as it had ruptured, 6 weeks later and i feel worse than before the gallbladder was removed. Im suffering with loose stools everything i eat goes through me im having cronic pain in my scar and im feeling sick. On Sunday for 6hrs i was really ill loose stools all night and being sick, im on oromorph and cocodomol im really depressed im too scared to eat and drink in case i have an accident im living on imodium. Has anyone else experienced this i really need help

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kelledee, Im in the same situation. I suffered pain and stomach issue everyday after surgery. Went to gp several times and all test are normal. Thanks God im on 13 months now and feeling slowly better. I guess its depend of people's body how they are adjusting after gb removal. Be positive, time will heal and soon you will feel better and back to normal. God bless you.

• Posted

Im fed up my scar is hard to touch and i feel ill every day, i want to go back to work but my drs say im not ready as everything im eating is still going through me. But im scared im going to get the sack as i had a year off last yr as i collapsed with a blocked kidney and a mass on my ovarie. I had a operation in October to remove the mass, then i had an operation this april to remove my kidney as it had died. I went back to work in may everything was

fine then in july i collapsed again and on the 28th july i had an emergency operation to remove my gallbladder as it had ruptured then i ended up in intensive care as i had e coli infection. My boss is not going to be happy that im off again but because it was open surgery i dont want to go back to early.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.