help panic / calm / chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was laid with my partner my heart beat changed kinda a jerky throbs which caused my breathing to go weird and all I made was loud pops while breathing then after this I was normal .

Then out the blue deep dull horrible heavy only way I can describe chest infection mixed with been winded heartburn in center back moving into shoulder blades all round both sides moving into chest centre also then right arm /shoulder tip .

I know the odds are low for 23 year old to get a heart attack but I got all panicky from it I git the burning scared feeling in head/back and back of neck then got shakes but then it calmed down it was like my body said steph this is ok of you die you die you don't have to fight give it up and litrally my body like relaxed but I had no adrenline it went my body auto like told me if I die I die end off get ready for it instead of everything it normally says is this still anxiety or is my body actually warning me

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Get checked out by a GP Steph. This will put your mind at rest. I've had all the symptoms you've described. The neck and shoulder pain also. Heart attack warnings start in the left arm not the right. I expect it is your anxiety but have a medical expert check you out for peace of mind.
    • Posted

I read online women tend to get right sided symtoms I can't go to my doctors as I've just swapped got to wait two days 😢 I've had it this morning for split second I really belive it's a build up to a heart attack
  • Posted

Hi Steph, sorry to hear about this sad sounds really scary and horrible for you. Poor thing! This happens to me all the time, every single symptom you described I have. I was informed by my dr this is part of anxiety...annoying! When I have these horrible moments it feels like a mini panick attack. 

I am on medication called Propranolol which really helps! I'd have a check over with the DR to reassure yourself, hope you feel better soon. Big hugs xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you I really can't go to my doctors because I have just swapped and it takes two days she said today been day one I have had little chest pains that I used to belive was big but now u mean this pain is 100% worse then I have ever had before it is like labour but in my chest and shoulder blades xxxx
  • Posted

hi Steph. whilst it's most likely something you eat i.e. heartburn/regurgation of acid, it's worth cheking it out with Doc if it continues.

Caitlin.

• Posted

Can heartburn go into your back ? I had eaten healthy last night beetroot salad steak ect so I don't think any of that could of caused heartburn it did not feel like that maybe it was trapped wind but then I had it this morning too for breathe 10 seconds I can't go to doctors as it takes two days because I have just registered with a new doctor because my old doctors have been in the papers ect and everytime I go somebody has collasped and there's a ambulance each time and I go a lot lol
    • Posted

Steph it's probably your digestive system playing up. Wind and acid. Don't read too much online as it can make things worse. I' m a First Aid Instructor & Examiner and I've never heard of heart attack symptoms affecting women from the right side. That's not to say it couldn't happen but it is probably extremely rare and it's not something that's taught when dealing with heart attack patients in first aid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.