Help penis dry and meatus red, lichen?

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi I have an inflamed meatus for about a year and a half, it all started with dryness, burning sensation and urinary disorders, initially also anal inflammation then resolved, I started urinating frequently, I do the tests for chlamydia, gonorrhea, ureaplasma, mycoplasma, candida, common bacteria in the semen in the urine in the blood several times always negative, I do a biopsy because a doctor diagnoses me with lichen sclerosus but it is negative, then other doctors tell me that it is not lichen, they diagnose me many things, but none of the doctors understand , I do many visits, I use steroids, antibiotics, I slightly improve the urinary situation but the burning and dryness never improve, I urinate with the double jet, I do cystoscopy and I have a stricture in the perineum, so I also do the urethrography and I am operated on a urethrotomy that cuts the stenosis, the burning in the part of the meatus does not pass and reaches the middle of the penis has nothing to do with the ste n I dare to forgive my li ngua i am italian i look in the meatus and i see white marks and severe inflammation i don't know what to do i am desperate i took the test for herpes and it turns out i had it in the last 1 and 2 but now it is not active and the doctors too I have always been told that it is not herpes, I do not know what to do I have no diagnosis after almost 2 years .... I have the feeling that after urinating and ejaculating semen and urine are blocked, but for now the uroflowmetry is fine, the problem seems dermatological and urological together, the glans remained dry and I also lost a lot of sensitivity, but there is no characteristic sign of a specific disease, the biopsy was done in the sulcus. ... who has any idea what it could be? sometimes inside the meatus it pinches like a pin pricks you, the glans appears pale but not always, lately with the antibiotic ciproxin I have been a little better, urinating better but nothing decisive..imageimageimageimage

1 like, 37 replies

Report / Delete

37 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I wanted to do an update, after a few days from the antibiotic ciprofloxacin I am much better I have less burning and the signs inside the meatus are less evident, I am urinating better for the first time after a year and a half, it is still dry and a little red maybe there it takes time to improve, I do not think it is a form of lichen because it would not have improved with an antibiotic but an infection of a bacterium that hides and does not come out of the tests, I hope it continues to improve, I will update hereimageimage

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

update: I have not had any improvement, soon they will do the biopsies inside the meatus and outside, I think it is lichen sclerosus because I have the same problem for almost two years, the urethra is burning and I continue to have negative tests on everything, the antibiotics have not helped, the meatus is always red, it is something 100% dermatological, the skin is always dry and always a little inelastic, plus I have a urethral stricture in the perineum and that too will be treated next week after retrograde and urinary urethrography

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

Any updates? I believe I have the same condition. Some time ago an area around my meatus had become kinda red. I believe it started being like this since I've started to drink much more water since my kidney stone attack. Then a redness would appear in other parts of the glans. I'm not sure it was the same thing as around the meatus. Next the glans have become really dry and red. It was especially visible during erection. I mean blood would surprisingly easily leave the glans when I stopped stimulating myself, then it would be clearly visible that it's all red, super dry, flaky, scaly and shiny from these little scales. I wouldn't say the skin was peeling, maybe a little but it was hard to notice. I would also get a pulsating pain sensation in the meatus from time to time. It was not long before two little white patches appeared. It's like skin have less pigment in there or like there is less blood circulating. However, it would look just normal during erection. There seems to be no changes in skin structure on them.

I tried 1% miconazole nitrate cream for two weeks but it didn't seem to be helping. Then i tried Clotrimazole cream 2-3 times/day for 3 weeks. It's a little better now but I'm not sure Clotrimazole helped. It just could have improved in and of itself. Anyway redness seems to be gone by now. Unfortunately the two white patches are still there and the glans it's still very dry. For a few days, after each urination, I tried to clean it with water only and pat it dry. It didn't help. I also tried to clean it less frequently, so the glans could build up a nice layer of natural oils from the foreskin and restore its bacterial flora. Sadly, it looks like it's not going to work either. If any oils build up, it only makes the foreskin to stick more to the glans than when it's just clean and dry.

Forgot to add that that the skin on the glans seems to be more delicate than in the past but that can also be an impression because of the dryness. From time to time, when retracting the foreskin, I would note some creased shaped depressions in different spots. I presume that because of all that dryness, the foreskin sticks to the glans and marks it that way. Sometimes I notice the similar pattern to yours from your 3rd pic (flaky horizontal lines).

I have atopic dermatitis since my childhood that went into a remission years ago. It would spontaneously flare up in a winter time on the arms but never the penis.

I'm about to be diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease in a few days. Still waiting for a doctor's appointment but blood tests and symptoms clearly suggest that condition. Some of my close relatives also have that disease. My mother has a lichen sclerosus.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey, I just want to say i have a really similar situation, two patches on around the inside of my foreskin have lost their pigment and there seems to be redness around the glans when im erect. it has been over a month and i havent seen any improvement.My incompetent doctor told me not to worry about and did t give me a referral to go see the urologist so now im going to try for a dermatologist. I have also noticed a mild pulsating pain from time to time around glans. I also wan to add that i have notice little spider like veins around glans and is worrying me. If you got any info that might help, I would appreciate it

Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

I can't really help you that much. Note that I haven't even visited a doctor myself yet. It could be lichen sclerosus(LS) since the foreskin is a common place for it to appear. Nonetheless, the final diagnosis should have been given by a doctor. I would recommend a good dermatologist that specializes in that condition. Urologist is also a good choice.

The problem with LS is that it can be difficult to diagnose at an early stage. Doctors would often search for different STDs, fungi, or bacterial infections. They would also order a biopsy. The results one would get can be really vague. Very often there can be like only negatives from the testing. I believe also the biopsy will not tell that much if there are no structural changes yet.

Anyway you have to try. If it's LS the early diagnosis can be crucial to stop progression of the disease with some corticosteroids treatment (clobetasol is often used). About what you can currently do regardless of what the condition is, I would recommend staying away of any irritants. Stop cleaning your glans and foreskin with soap/gels if you do so. Wash it with water only and pat it dry. I recommend refraining from masturbation since it can be relevant irritant too. In case you develop any dryness, I found people help themselves with oils, Vaseline, delicate moisturizing creams. Doctors would often recommend emollients to help with the dryness.

I saw that some people put LS into a remission by using 1% hydrocortisone cream for which you don't need a prescription. Nonetheless, consulting a doctor in the first place is definitely a better idea.

Let's hope the OP will update on his condition! Maybe he'll give us some tips.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

from what you say we have the same condition, I'm waiting for the results of the biopsy, if you want to send me your photos in private? I think it is really ls

Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

I'm going to share them here. It's not a problem.

1. Redness, dryness (it's a bit better now) imageimage
      2. White patches. Note that the glans doesn't seem dry here. However it would get dry easily after some longer contact with the air or masturbationimageimage
      3. The glans would still get dry easilyimage
      4. An area around the meatus looks changed to me. It's subtle though. It's a bit more red in colour and kinda bumpy/rugged. If I catch a correct angle and the right light it looks separated from the rest of the glans, as if the glans have a cap.

imageimage

Also, the white patches can be hard to spot at times. It depends on light and the colour of the glans at given time (blood supply). I found it's easier to spot them if there is a little more blood in there. I said earlier that the glans would look just normal during erection, however it's rather that the white patches become diffused due to increased volume of a glans. I mean they are still visible but kind of blurred.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

You would have to update some better quality pics cause I can't even see these white patches you were referring to. I see something on the second pic but it looks like a light reflection. The glans seems a little dry and red but still better quality images would be required to compare with mine or danildex situation.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up