Help peri menopause no idea where to start!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. I'm still being told by the DR I'm too young. Im 33 my nan had full menopause 35, mother 42, aunty 37.

I'm sure I'm peri ? Started with weird head and panic attacks with no particular trigger, anxiety, health anxiety, I did previously suffer from hot flashes when drinking alcohol (no sweats) but they have stopped but I do get hot chest upwards if I have a panic attack. My worst symptoms are I feel like I'm going to faint allot (finding this hard) and headaches DAILY. I did have the contraceptive implant (just removed) so I have no idea what my periods are doing as the implant stopped them (terrified they won't come bsck) since removal I've been tearful every day, some period type pain no period as yet, severe dizzyness, faint and bad headaches with sharp stabbing pains in my head mainly left then other times a quick tingling shock feeling that spreads down my body , my head feels wierd like it may stop working or like something's about to happen to me, I have so much anxiety from these head pains sensations i feel like my face goes numb I don't know what to do .. I have an appointment with nuerologist but they are so severe every day! I also feel sometimes when I'm falling asleep like my chest is falling inwards.. My eyes get sore from headaches too and my eyelids seem ted/brown def discolored & I have red skin on my forehead and either side of my nose just appeared. I feel ill like nauseous but really bad like I feel like I should be in hospital! I also get pain / discomfort in abdomin top right under ribs scans show nothing I thought poss my liver but they say all ok. Skins quite spotty too on chest & bsck. My hair falling out quite a bit too & coming back grey.

Can anyone help me she'd light on these symptoms does it sound like peri? Blood tests normal and I tried a hormone per stick also normal DR says anxiety but I just don't know I feel soooo ill, never ever felt so ill and it's ruining my life .. I have no idea what to do next .. How to diagnose.. I'm sensative to meds so not taking the many anti Ds I've been prescribed ..

Help I'm trying to get on day to day and stRting my dream job soon but I'm in tests every day with this head sensations / pain and generally feeling very very I'll

Help sad

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I really feel for you reading this, I myself am going through the same thing for a year and half now, like you I had the stomach pains convinced it was my liver, all tests clear, I have had every test there is all clear, I too had the hormone implant fitted last year, I went for it removing and my doctor said as I was in premen, that I should keep it because it will ease my symptoms, I have kept it, but my skin as also got bad and I have never suffered with spits till now, I have had the tingling and numb feeling in my face, but was told this is adrenalin when the health anxiety kicks in.

i will say I went to be hypnotised last week because I couldn't stand it any more and I after say I feel the best I have felt in a year and half, it was my last resort, but it as worked for me, I would advice to go to a recommended one. I wish you all the best and sending a big hug

sue xx

• Posted

Hi Nixnix

I myself think you are way to young to be in Peri menopause at 33 but it could happen at any age. It could have been that contraceptive inplant that you had that could have caused your periods to stop and with the hormones it could have given you anxieties. 

It could have made you sick with these hormones it can cause headaches anxieties even with the antidepressent you said you have been on those have a tendacy of stopping your period too. 

I myself have been on so many antidepresents and antipsychotic medications for my anxieties that it does mess up a womens cycle. I also have low thyroid. 

You should check to see how your thyroid is doing because that can make a period stop your tghyroid may be low read up on hypothyroidism because with my thyroid there are times I have anxieties and I'm tired worn out and just not feeling all that great myself. 

Next time you see your doctor have him check your thyroid to see if it is on the low side. 

Try to hang in there and here is a smile for youbiggrinthings well get better

• Posted

Yes you sound very similar to me nixnix. I went to see a holistic doctor after a regular doc did nothing to help and said there was nothing natural I could do. I take a few different things but one really great one that I def recommend is Magopti. A magnesium formula along with other things and its so great for many things. Headaches,anxiety (which I had so bad, I would bolt upright in bed and have a panic attack thinking i couldnt breath) pains in the side of my head like my head was tender, heart palps so bad and im sure I could name more. It helps with SEVERE period pain OMG Ive been suffering with this since about late 20's and Im now 47. Get yourself some of this for sure. My doc put me on it and I cant recommend it enough. Its been 2 years since all my severe symptoms occurred and Im now starting to manage things better. The other thing is wild yam (dioscorea villosa extract) I was getting these really weird sensations in my head in the afternoons like a wavering feeling..very strange and bothersome but taking a recommended dose of this has controlled it. I know it was from this because I have stop started it and it comes back if Im not taking the right amount for my body. I find I need between 400-600mg a day. Youd need to find what is right for you. but this stuff is amazing. Helps with depression and just a general feeling of being able to shake things off more easily. As far as your age goes, It seems to be happening more and more to younger people and I really do think our diets and lack of nutrition and soil depletion has a lot to do with it. A natural healer can really help you out. I was in high distress like you and also diagnosed with hashimotos thyroididtis. I had a goiter on my thyriod. hard to swallow and I had and still get candida in my neck area..was extremely painful so I do understand your pain. I was put on a detoxing diet for a few months and i really think it was the best thing I ever did. Hard but good. Now I stay off processed sugar and gluten and dont eat processed foods at all. Keeping a healthy diet is key I think. Doing this eliminated the lump on the thyroid (with no drug therapies) and eliminated muliple cysts I had in my breast...yes I forgot to mention in all of this I had a huge lump in my breast that I was terrified of being cancer that I found and that really tipped me over the edge. But that was found to be a cyst and is now gone from this new way of living..free of crap. So dont give up hope. I hope this helps you. smile
  • Posted

And I forgot to mention..I take no drugs what so ever. Paracetomol is the only thing I take when things gett REALLY bad with my period. So its possible to do this drug free wink
  • Posted

Hi Your not on your own, I also started early mid 30's & my mom went through menopause early so did her mom. I'm now 42 & I think my symtoms are getting more intense wich I think may be due to coming to the end of peri & going into full menopause. Unfortunatley I went through similar for quite a few years & no end of tests came back normal or bourderline. So as long as you have had blood tests no rule out anything nasty, like ne it's finding something to cope with it all. This forum is great I only found it recentley so keep reading & asking questions, were all in the same boat rolleyes
  • Posted

O boy honey, you're really going through it....

The  first thing is you are not alone just like the other ladies have said here.....read all the advice.

There seems to be ALOT going on here, so maybe multi layered ? Firstly, if you have a large history of early menopause, then I've heard it's very likely to be your problem

eventually too.? ...find a doctor that's prepared to listen to you.....your symptoms sound like Peri to me....

You also have had a hormone inplant removed.....this may be a lot to do with what your suffering as your body gets used to not having it...hormone "shock"..... again that wants discussing with hopefully a medical person more sympathetic to you.... 

Then the overall depression could be a combination of all of those things ? And hardly surprising. .?  You can't get on with your day to day life.....

poor you, have a big hug...and keep on at those doctors till they listen,

good luck.x

• Posted

You poor girl--you are in a bad way. If you had your contraceptive implant just removed--does that mean you went cold turkey off the pill--could that have something to do with it? You firstly need to calm down--can you not take the anti depressant for a couple of months or a sedative and see what symptoms that might alleviate? Definitely keep your nuerologists appointment. Your tests there will hopefully show nothing but it will do a lot to relieve your anxiety. Severe anxiety can cause most of your symptoms. If nothing else shows up--you need HRT--Yesterday!!
    • Posted

Hi .. I am just feeling so weird head pressure & just general weirdness I've tried 4 anti Ds but I'm too sensative they make me really poorly I can't take more than 1!! Going to go bsck to the DRs & see what they think . Yeah I had implsnt out and no other contraception so might need to see if it settles after a whole. Trying not to go the ER every 5 minutes .. As feeling do poorly ;(
    • Posted

Hi Nixnix 

You should get this checked out because at 33 you should not feel this sick. 

You should have your thyroid checked, your iron checked it also could be the antidepressent that you have been taking plus the contraceptive inplant that was giving you all the hormones. 

• Posted

Hi I agree never felt so ill I'm trying to get on best I can life wise but im so emotional I think because I feel so bad just laying down even has me feeling so odd def not anti d not been on one long enough tried n can't take .. Had a thyroid blood test but think I will go back and check again .. Hopefully hormones settle with implsnt being out headaches fo seem worse since implsnt came out !
  • Posted

I am so thankful for this forum, to hear that others are experiences listed  makes you realise you are not crazy and not the only one(even though it can feel like it). I hope we all manage to find the right thing to help us make this time far more bearable.
  • Posted

Meant to say I am having a lot of headaches too, feeling lightheaded and woozy, add nausea to that and it makes for not much fun😞
  • Posted

oh sweetheart! you will be frightened, just try and keep as calm as you can(which i know is very hard) Many things sound like the peri and i have them too as do most ladies on this forum, it is awful and scary at times because you feel like you are dying there just seems to be so much that is happening Just my suggestion, but if you can avoid anti deps, do, i took some after my father died 7yrs ago as i was having panic attacks so bad that they kept hooking me up to the ecg heart monitor machine as they were worried i was having heart attacks, so put me on them to calm me down, only took a few but looking at myself in the mirror scared me to death, i looked and felt like a zombie and didn't recognise myself so stopped them, i found a way to stay calmer through meditation tapes and circular breathing, if you are concentrating on your breath, it seems to take the focus off other things. i noticed that once i could be calm, the sickness, dizzy, struggling to breathe, fainting etc eased quite a lot and after months of not being able to leave the house(as i couldn't remain upright for long!) i could start again. Efamol evening primrose helps hormomes a little and b complex, trying tureric for sore joints at the moment and seems to help a little but non of them are miracle cures but every little helps, take care hope you feel better soon, love and light to you xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Nixnix,

I'm hoping you are doing better than when you originally started this discussion. I'm wondering if you found anything to help? Was it Peri? I'm asking for because I had many symptoms after coming off birth control and I too feel I am in peri since 33. Any info would be greatly appreciated as to the outcome of your situation.

Thank you. Dee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.