HELP???? Pic included

Posted , 6 users are following.

is this from shaving?? i started running a lot, and i wear tight clothing, bur after i shaved it got worse. (the sores are from me picking) image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They'll go away. And I suggest waxing instead of shaving

• Posted

kind of looks like molluscum contagium that you scraped off (hence the redness/opened areas)

• Posted

Try avoiding shaving for a while, to heal the sores, practice strict hygiene, shower immediately after running, wear comfortable cotton underwear and check if the issue is limited to your pubic area or you have similar issues in other parts.

• Edited

Dear Lucy,

I agree with Indiana- they could be molluscum contagiosum (MC). Look carefully at the highlighted areas that I've marked with arrows. You may need a magnifying lens to see a particular characteristic of MC, which is that the lesions are umbilicated in the centre; i.e. there is a small depression in the centre of the 'spot'. If you can't tell, then see your doctor. For now, trim but don't shave the pubic area as you could be encouraging the MC to spread. If MC is confirmed, then you and your partner should be screened for STDs.

Rgds,

Adhari!

• Posted

thayts not shaving rash, looks more like molluscum contagium from the way the bumps are formed, have you got any update photos to show if its changed in appearance at all?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.