Help please ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

ive been on upped dose (30mg) of citalopram for 12 days , was told to take in mornings and 7.5mg of mirtazapine at night . Lately I've been finding it harder and harder to get up and moving . Took my mirt last night at 12:30 and couldn't get up this morning, and that was with half dose , yes it helps me sleep but I cannot wake up ! It takes a few hours and foggy head still lingers all day , don't know what to do !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary.

Is the mirtz a sleeping tab?? And how long have yiu been taking cit??

I take my cit at night time and sleep with very littke issues...now that the anxiety has calmed down a bit. Im only on 10mg though.

Maybe cut the mitz down again? X x

• Posted

could you not take your mirt a bit earlier at night? Anxiety also makes it very hard to get up and go in the mornings
  • Posted

I tried Mirtazapine, and stopped after a few weeks, simply because it made me so zonked. I was dissapointed because I slept so well, but couldn't wake up during the day. I have also learned that the lower the dose of Mirt, the more sedating it is. Chat to your Dr Gary, perhaps you need to increase the Mirt. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
  • Posted

Gary, was the mirt added at the same time as the upped dosage of Cit?  Why was the dosage upped?

Mirt has a very strong histamine block at low doses.  Others have made good suggestions.  MIrt is also horrible to get off of, so you might try 1/4 of a pill if you can get it (I imagine you are taking half of a 15 mg?).  I would talk to your doctor about coming off of it.  You've only been on for 12 days so hopefully coming off now would not pose withdrawal issues.  

I imagine you went on it for sleep, right?  Did you ever try Benedryl to help you sleep?  It is also an antihistamine but far less powerful than mirt.  Mirt is an antidepressant at higher doses, and an axniolytic and sleep aid at lower doses.  However, it is very powerful and can be difficult to come off of, so before getting further committed to it I'd investigate using something more inoccuous for sleep such as Benedryl.  Doctors tend to reach for the Rx pad when something OTC will do.

• Posted

No I was on mirt On 20mg cit , but wasn't sleeping . Going to try taking mirt a bit earlier , say 8pm ?
    • Posted

was given the mirt for sleep at 15mg , i took half to try and make getting up easier .
    • Posted

Gary, taking half your Mirt dose will possibly make it harder for you to get up. Funny drug Mirt, but very sedating in lower doses. I hope it works for you. Good luck. 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up