Help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have one area in my head that seems to always hurt. It's on the right side above my ear. It's also tender to the touch and when I feel panicky, it'll make the right side of my face feel weird. About 30 mins ago, the right side of my face and head felt hot, but not to the touch. It has went away but now, the right side of my head and face feels weird, probably because  I'm nerbous about it. Anyone have this before?

I'm going to my doctor today actually and I'm going to take to him about this problem. Just want some feed back and see if it could possibly be anxiety. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When i had something similar in my face i was terrified and convinced myself i was having a stroke... My therapist explained that when you are suffering with anxiety your blood pumps to your heart faster and other areas of your body feel shaky or numb or tingley etc etc because of the lack of blood in that area.... Its nothing to worry about
    • Posted

Did yours last all day for a period of time? Mine has been on and off for a couple weeks now and it's sometbing new with it it seems like every time
    • Posted

I had the numbness on the same side of my face one night around Novmeber last year, then it went. It started again around 4 days ago, on and off, usually happens in the evening/night xx
  • Posted

Yeah, I have something similar, my right side around my temple and ear area will go numb and spread down the side of my face to my neck, sometimes it happens on both sides of my face x
    • Posted

Hi

when you are anxious you tense up and top of your jaw the tmj joint is affected this affects the long nerve running down the side of your head through you face and as advised the hypertension causes a reduction in blood flow also leading to tingling 

this plus tension can cause headaches 

Just relax 

• Posted

Relaxing is so much easier said than done! Lol I'm at my doctors about to ask. I'll post what he says smile
    • Posted

i asked my doctor, he looked to see if he could see something on the area, but he said he thinks it's just my anxiety, and to not worry. My doctor knows me all to well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.