Help Please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am a 29 year old Male who has been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism recently. I am currently taking Levothyroxine for approximately a week now. I just feel awful however. I have blurred vision in my right eye, feel sick and can't function properly. I have been to the Docs 5 times now and they don't seem to be doing anything. I have also been prescribed antibiotics and some ointment for my eye. Nothing seems to be working though and i'm starting to worry that its something more than just thyroid. Any advice would be extremely welcome

Thanks

Graeme

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I ve had under active thyroid since oct 2010 and I'm still suffering its a guessing game and no one has gave me any real answers my reading wa 104 the highest any doctor at my surgery has seen basically they've said I was walking dead I was going to sleep all day someone could be talking to me and I'd drop off in front of them now my thyroid is somtewhat stable I have lots of other complaints the main one being numb in my toes and fingers it never goes away I've had numerous tests including brain scans but nothing has been diagnosed and I'm really at the end of my tether I get anxious and have panic attacks and feel depressed because its as though no one believes my conditions and I feel like I'm left to suffer in silence . Nobody knows how people with thyroid go on in every day life if you don't suffer with it you haven't got a clue about it , it's an autoimmune disease but sufferers look normal. I've also lost my toe nails on both toes next to my little toe all these complaints started after being diagnosed and talking thyroxine

• Posted

I ve had under active thyroid since oct 2010 and I'm still suffering its a guessing game and no one has gave me any real answers my reading wa 104 the highest any doctor at my surgery has seen basically they've said I was walking dead I was going to sleep all day someone could be talking to me and I'd drop off in front of them now my thyroid is somtewhat stable I have lots of other complaints the main one being numb in my toes and fingers it never goes away I've had numerous tests including brain scans but nothing has been diagnosed and I'm really at the end of my tether I get anxious and have panic attacks and feel depressed because its as though no one believes my conditions and I feel like I'm left to suffer in silence . Nobody knows how people with thyroid go on in every day life if you don't suffer with it you haven't got a clue about it , it's an autoimmune disease but sufferers look normal. I've also lost my toe nails on both toes next to my little toe all these complaints started after being diagnosed and talking thyroxine

• Posted

Hi Greame,

You're not alone! Diagnosed a month ago, and am on Carbimazole 20gms daily. Nothing seemed to happen until suddenly, last Monday, I felt worse, like a lead weight and very distant feeling, and everything seemed just too much. I felt like that for 2 days (I think the body suddenly having gone from "fight or flight" to slowed down. I've felt almost human since, but have had terrible hives today. If doctor isn't sympathetic, then find a new one, don't accept being fobbed off.

Go back and tell them your thoughts, and make a list beforehand, as you could leave out vital info. keep us posted how you feel,

Jackie

• Posted

Graeme, you have hypothyroidism, hyper is when you are running round like a headless chicken. I have had hypo since 1995 and it can be managed, but it takes time to regulate your TSH (normal range 0.5 to 5.7) Mine was 15.7 at its worst. T4 range is 70 to 140,mine is 118 at the moment. You need to have 3 monthly blood tests and ask for a print out of the results to keep at home and compare each time.There is an organisation you can contact and receive regular help and support it is :-

The Thyroid Foundation. PO Box 97. Clifford. Wetherby. West Yorkshire LS23 6XD or find them on line.If you aren't happy with your GP see another one in the practice because they all have their areas of expertise.You don't need to suffer get it sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.