HELP PLEASE

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on before with some panic and anxiety questions. And it has seemed to help with those...I now however feel as if it's something completely different. I'm a 26 yr old female, I do smoke (and yes I know I should and will quit) I have occasional drinks. Which I know can bring on more anxiety. So I stay clear of drinking too much and some days not at all. But here recently I've been having chest pains. Sharp intense random all over chest pains, back ache, neck ache. It feels like it's right in the middle of my chest and it just comes on all of the sudden. Doesn't last very long but it always comes back. I do spend most of my time wandering when another one will hit me. I'm having chest pains constantly now, when I try to go too sleep it's as if my whole body becomes completely numb and I jolt up just after falling asleep. I feel like I'm losing control of myself. I'm so tired of hurting so I take ibuprofen daily, take and antacid daily (cause I talk myself into GERD) or I just try to cope with having a heartattack or possibly heart disease. As you can tell by now, I may also be a hypochondriac. I obviously need to see a doctor. But I feel maybe this could be brought on by anxiety? I don't want to be one who runs to the doctor after every single sensation that doesn't seem okay, and I do think this is a panic maybe. My upper body, chest, and back always feel tense. Can anyone else help by maybe sharing how they overcome this, or maybe even tell me these problems are similar to anxiety/panic?! All advise is welcomed and appreciated!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Girl, trust me. Ive had almost every possible symptom... I don't get chest pains anymore but I use to. I never went to the doctor for that but I have for major head pains that wI'll bug me so bad I over think and have a panic attack. Yesterday a matter of face, I had facial numbness and a headache in one spot of my head that last over a week and I finally got ao worked up I had a panic attack. I'm calling my doctors office tomorrow to set up an appt so I no longer have to feel this. I would go to your doctor and just lay everything out. They are there to help you, they don't want you feeling like this.
  • Posted

Sounds a lot like gerd and trapped gas pockets. They have stuff over the counter you can use besides antiacids. They are called ppis but to be used short term.an example would be Pepcid complete. Find a better way to relieve whatever pain you have then using motrin everyday, bad idea and it is not intended for daily use. You dont want to add liver problems to your life. Go on a GERD diet im sure there are many online to guide you.  Sleep a bit elevated and drink a full glass of water when you wake up.Anxiety if course makes everything hurt and will act up more when ill., effects especially the stomach but you still need to treat the belly issues. You are 26 and im sure have been to the drs and most likely your heart is just fine. The pains you are talking about are stomach related. Gerd is most always a poor diet and a food interlorance for that person and manageable. By now you realize you will need to figure out how to better cooe with your anxiety levels and health anxiety. Which is easier said then done. Feel better and please do not use NSAIDS daily.
  • Posted

I would stop by a local center (fire station) at least...and get your blood pressure checked.

You may be having anxiety and panic attacks...which you know alcohol and cigs amplify.

I KNOW too because I am alcoholic and I smoke almost 2 packs a day....Antidepressents and anxiety medicine have helped me.  At your age..I'm sure a Dr. would be hesitant about prescribing anxiety medicine (possibly not) some antidepressents do have anxiety reducing components that DO work (I take one).

I noticed when I stopped drinking alcohol 4 wks ago...most of these problems vanished...within 2 weeks.

• Posted

Dear Heather,

Those are very common symptoms of anxiety and I too occasionally get random chest pains. However, I am in no way qualified to diagnose you so I would suggest checking with your doctor just to make sure. Stays strong and know you're not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.