help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering from chest pains shortness of breath and various other symptoms anyway the docs did a echocardiogram a stress test and a angiogram all have come back fine

Yet I still have the pains and lately I have had these weird chest sensations almost like my heart stops restart again and this weird sensation comes over my chest followed by the thought and feeling I'm dying 😞

I've never had anything like this before my heart rate is always elevated and jumps from resting 90-160 on just getting up my heart constantly thumps and I'm very aware of the beats

I have no thyroid and my b12 is low and yesterday I was told that I needed tests for bowel cancer other then that doc is unsure about rest and honestly doesn't seem interested chucked a leaflet for suicide hotline at me

Can anyone help me pls

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry about that, good to get the tests. If you are not happy ask for another doctor. Sorry don't know too much, but I would see someone else. Why did he give you a leaflet like that are you feeling depressed?
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying

No not really depressed he said because I'm not sleeping well I must be I'm just frustrated with the whole thing

Thank you tho for taking time to reply to me x

• Posted

Did he ask you questions, about how you feel, not sleeping is part of depression, I had 2 nights this year that I've slept through the night. Is he going to do anything for you?
    • Posted

He just said living alone makes people depressed and take a prescription for antidepressants

Thing is I have very real health issues and i guess I am anxious alot I'm a single mother to 3 kids and I guess I'm scared to leave them it just would be nice to know if I was 100% just anxious\depressed and that's all the doctor couldn't even reassure me jus took 2 min and threw me out lol

• Posted

You are not alone.  Nearly every time I come on this forum there is someone in a similar position to yours. 

It sounds like anxiety - and if it is severely affecting your life you should ask to be treated for it  - either medication or a talking therapy.

• Posted

Does anyone ever get over it? I feel very lost at the minute I wish my brain would let me believe its anxiety and not these constant feeling of death

Thank you for replying

• Posted

It is rare NOT to get over it!   If you go for medication, you will probably be given a slow acting med like citalopram which takes weeks to work but is long lasting and safe.  To help you before that takes effect you will probably be given a fast-acting med like diazepam which lasts a few hours at a time, but is addictive long term. 

I have not tried talking therapies but as far as I know they take a long time to take effect.       

The problem with meds is that they may have unwanted side effects. 

Everybody is different so you have try one (for several weeks) and if you cannot tolerate it try another.  It will probably take months before you find the right med at the right dose.  You have to balance the benefits against the side effects.     

• Posted

Your doctor needs to provide you with b12 injections. B12 plays a big role in the body. Any tests your doc wants to do you should do. You sounds stressed as well so everything adding together would make anyone anxious and scared. Maybe a sleep apnea test would be useful as well.
    • Posted

Hi thank you for replying

I am on b12 injections every 3 months and I have a form for many blood tests as well as tests for my bowel (cancer)

I've had two cancers already thyroid and cervical so I'm prepared for these but my heart chest issues are really impacting me

• Posted

Would you consider some psychotherapy perhaps? A lot of what you are saying here sounds anxiety related. I wonder if you could find your stressors and deal with them would that help?
  • Posted

Hi Samantha. Of course, absolutely -- psychotherapy, meditation, yoga, music, relaxation and above all dealing with your stressors, all of these things will help you. Its great that your heart is normal. Avoid sedatives if you can at all as they only deal with your symptoms and not the cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.