Help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered from anxiety for years but it is normally controlled by  medication. Recently it has been changed twice and I have not really found that the latest one fluoroxetine is working. My main problem is the general anxiety and panic attacks that I am experiencing. I know that it is flight or fight and I know I won't die or have a heart attack but at the moment I only feel okish at home. Next Tuesday we are due to travel to take family Christmas presents and stay over night, then after Christmas we are due to stay at my stepson's for two nights. I am so worked up over this that I am not really functioning properly at the moment. My poor husband has no idea what I am experiencing and is finding it very difficult to cope with. Any suggestions great fully received. Thank you

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't have any advice for you as me myself am suffering from it..I would just like you to.share with me your experiences with anxiety physical symptoms?I'm 23 and 6 months ago I had my first panic attack and ever since then I keep thinking I have something wrong with my health..would love it if you could help email share some experiences so I can convince myself it's all anxiety
    • Posted

I am the same way sadly...I had my first panic attack two weeks ago and I have been bed ridden and stuck to the internet thinking I have something wrong with heart! You both are not alone!!!!
    • Posted

Feelings of breathlessness, your whole body feels alive as though there are sparks going through it. Need to go to the loo a lot and feel as if you are going to collapse lots of other things as well.
    • Posted

Do you get chest discomforts sort off soreness at the centre of your chest?
    • Posted

Not really but there are so many different feelings it is hard to list them all
    • Posted

Oh Okey. .thanks for sharing your experience..
  • Posted

I fully understand your situation.These family get togethers can create more anxiety .Since you have suffered for so many years maybe it would be an idea to share this a little  .Tell a few family members you are especially close to .They are your family and should be understanding.You are going to be with loved ones for family time, then it is most likely that if things arent the very best with you, they would like to help.They will understand.If you dont want to say much just mention that you are not feeling well due to a medication change.It may provide you with a relief .They should support you.
  • Posted

I found that fluoxetine stopped working for me too.. I came off all anti depressants together and tried to fight it myself. I would advise you to educate yourself, keep reading other people's stories also Try the book "chimp paradox" its a breakdown on how your brain works, referring to the irrational part of your brain as a chimp, hence the title. It really helped me! I'm now getting stronger every day and even though I have bad days I'm not looking back. I hope you conquer this! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.