Help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've posted on here before regarding my constant burping all day long it's terrible been going on for about 4 weeks now and it's non stop sometimes I get nauseous and gag with it aswell anyone else feel this way? I also get a weird cold sensation in my chest and sometimes throat have an appointment at my doctor next week just wanted anyone's thoughts on this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There are many possible causes of constant burping.

1. It may be you ingest air when you swallow. Eat slowly, small mouthfulls and chew thouroughly.

2. Gas is often a bi-product of the chemical reaction between certain foods and stomach acid.

3. Some bacteria will cause gaseous emissions.

4. Fermentation, occassioned if food remains in your stomach too long, will release gas.

Poor peristalsis down the oesophagus or from the stomach may contribute to your problem. Your doctor may request a barium swallow or refer you to a gastroenterologist for endoscopic examination. Or he may just try you on acid suppressant medicines for a few weeks or prescribe gas reducing medication.

• Posted

Hi i also had a wierd cold sensation in my chest and back etc but they said the only way you can get that sensation is if you drink something cold but i thibk it has something to do with gerd honestly.
  • Posted

Sorry Lynsey 90326

my advice wait till you have had your examination by the doctor,

drink plenty of water ,no fiz drinks , keep off fried food ,cut down on coffee

only eat vegetables, herb tea is good , just recognise what food after you have eaten causes you trouble most and disec which one is the worst .

but most important see your doctor and write a list what effects you and take with you .

• Posted

It might be H Pylori.  I've had good luck with crushing a bit of fresh garlic in a glass of water and drinking.  If it's a virus you will feel improvement in 20 minutes or so. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.