help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

can you people be kind enough for some help and advice i have posted on here before i have just finished  taking trimethorprim for two months and my condition has returned , i was pain free during that period and was having physio , but the pain has returned to my back and a burning pain in my groin. I was wondering if this is now cpps as i have had this condition for over 12 months , i had a cystoscopy done in January to see if there were tumours in my bladder but i got the all clear . I am urinating twice a night but my  flow is quite strong and i do not have any problems with getting an erection although ejacualtion is sometimes sore . I am stuck in which avenue to go down my Gps are a waste of time and i find there not helping , would you reccommend another antiobotic which is perhaps and anti imfamattary , thoughts please as this is geeting me so down and depressed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi MArk

DO you know if you have an enlarged Prostate?

THis may be the cause and occurs in over 50% of men over 50.

THere are many discussion on BPH on these forums!

hope that helps,

regards

Jeremy

• Posted

Hi Jeremy

I dont know if my prostate is enlarged the doctor did feel it and it was painfull it hurts when i ride a bike in the bones of my bottom

• Posted

Hi 

WEll you need a referral initially to a Urologist at the local Hospital. And they will do scans etc to determine the problem.

If you do have BPH then you need to fully research all your options.

I had a PAE which in my opinion is the best place to start.

regards

Jeremy

• Posted

Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, an enlarged prostate that is not life threatening.

Prostatic Arterial Embolisation. A simple procedure that injects tiny beads to block some arteries that has the effect of shrinking it to allow better flow and reduce the pressure on the bladder leading to frequent urinating.

It is important to have a specific diagnosis for YOUR problem before you start considering the options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.