help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

had prostatisus for 9 week been on antibiotic 8 week no pain in front willy or ball and pain in bottom nearly gone but if i sit on hard stool make my bum hurt was told my postate was normal size now just a bit tender and just take pain killer now any help any won

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't have sex or masterbate for a few weeks. Just a quick warning Digital Rectal Exam is not a very reliable way to judge prostate size. Based on DRE I was told my prostate was <50 cc. Turned out its about 125 cc which ruled out many of the procedures I was contemplating

• Posted

Do not be surprised if the pain returns after the antibiotics are finished. That's quite common, happened to me too. Antibiotics can act as anti-inflammatories in conditions like prostatitis. Google 'antibiotics are anti-inflammatory agents prostatitis'

Good luck

• Posted

David That is one thing  you can't do.  If you are going to sit on a chair make sure you have some kind of cushion.  I just got back from Las Vegas That 5 hour trip did a number on my prostate.  Was looking on having a good time when I got there but could not raise up for the fun.  It took me a week after I got back to get back to some kind of normal.  Never know that seating would do something like that.  Take it easy and don't sit for a long time if you can  Ken 

• Posted

thank you have done seamon test what does the lab look at in seamon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.