Help please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sorry if this has been covered but I am winding myself up and people here seem to calm me down.

After a really stressful month (house move, new puppy, xmas family issues) my ibs has reared its head like many of you I suffer daily but not to the extent some people do. This time feels different it seems to be set in my right ovary area (hip creeping round to back and down leg in certain positions) I am peeing a lot more than normal. Does anyone else get this with their ibs flare up? All bloods last year were clear and ca125 all normal. Please someone set my mind at ease I am googling and googling and get more upset every time. Feeling really low.

Thanks

Linzi 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ibs? Right ovarian pain? Water infection or pregnancy? I don't think it's a flare up as your symptoms don't fit what I'd expect to hear and where your symptoms are in your body. Hope this helps. Also think what your drinking or the quantity levels.

• Posted

It does sound very similar to my flare ups. The first symptoms I usually have of an impending flare up are a dull ache in my left side, almost like a “stitch”, along with a generalised soreness under my ribs, and need for frequent trips to the loo to pee. Sometimes the pain radiates to my left hip and around my back. 

I’m guessing you’re heading for, or having a flare up. It’s just a matter of treating the symptoms ( Immodium, Buscopan, Nurofen or whatever works for you) and knowing that it will improve. 

Jan

• Posted

Thank you. I think I am getting on my own nerves with it you have put my mind at rest thank you xxxxx
  • Posted

Frequent urination is common with IBS; the proximity of the bladder and bowel can cause this.  The nerves are connected.

Pain can travel. When you feel the pain in your side, it can radiate.down to your hip.  Back pain is also common because the sigmoid colon wraps around your lower back. I have had back pain with IBS. Remember, stress triggers IBS and your symptoms appeared again after a stressful month.  This is the link with your symptoms.  Anxiety about your symptoms will make your symptoms worse.  Everyone has their own individual IBS which will vary with others.  

Give up googling your symptoms; it will make you panic.  Dr Google is the very worst thing you can consult.  Instead, take an antispasmodic, combine it with a painkiller such as Nurofen, try a heat pad, try distraction techniques such as a hobby or light exercise such as walking.  Take deep breaths through your pain.  Every time you feel the pain keep telling yourself that all your tests have been negative as of last year, you have been given a firm diagnosis of IBS from a qualified medical professional, and that you trust your doctor and his diagnosis.  Remember, when you panic, your anxiety will tell you to believe the very worst scenario and will turn logical thoughts into illogical ones.

• Posted

Thank you for your lovely reply, you know your stuff this has really put my mind at rest I am going to get my phone with no internet on sounds harsh but needs to be done. Thank you xxxx
    • Posted

Glad you feel more reassured.

The other week, I set my IBS off by worrying that I had dented my new Ipad when I bumped it against the dining room wall.  I have only had the machine since early last month. I had damaged my old one two years ago and had to get it repaired, hence my worry.  I took it to a technician to get some advice to stop me stressing and getting my colon in a twist.  It turned out that the cover was giving the illusion of a dent and what I thought was a scrape was a dirty mark! 

Our minds can play very unpleasant trick on us.

• Posted

It’s terrible isn’t it? I worry and wind myself up about the silliest things they aren’t silly to me but other people wonder what the fuss is about x
    • Posted

My Aspergers makes me more prone to anxiety which triggered my IBS
  • Posted

I feel the exact same. I had ovarian cancer a few years ago. My scans and ca125 are all good. I get the symptoms like back pain and bloating etc. If im anxious its worse which makes me more anxious so my stomach is worse. Im taking colofac and immodium if needed. I read a post on here about a probiotic tbat is apparantly amazing. Its called Saccharomyces boulardii. Check it out and see what you think. I'm thinking of giving it a go!!

• Posted

I have never heard of them. I took some before from Holland and Barrett and didn’t see a lot of difference but I was adamant they wouldn’t work but funnily enough everyone in my house got a stomach bug and I didn’t so there must be something in them x
    • Posted

Well you never know. I went on a website called optibac probiotics. Should be ok to take with my meds but will check with my Dr. I know certain foods trigger it off too. It's so frustrating when I wake up I think oh are you anxious oh does your stomach hurt. I definitely need to retrain my brain. Im almost obsessed with it. X

• Posted

Hi Linzi, I had my appendix taken out just before Christmas but to start off with the pain was like ibs cramps Then movedto my lower right which is where the appendix is. It didn’t show up on any of my blood texts not on my ultrasound scan, they only knew when I had the camera put down. Go to your doctor and ask about it 
    • Posted

I did wonder about the appendix but I thought it had to be really painful? Mine is more a annoying ache not enough to take painkillers but I can feel it when sitting cross legged if that makes sense lol are you feeling better? xx
    • Posted

The fact that your pain cropped up during a month of stress would suggest IBS. 
    • Posted

I agree I am obsessed with ovarian cancer and the more I google the worse it gets I am going to see the dr tommorow will get some time off work and go from there. There is no point fighting for tests at the moment I’m not in the right mindset and have a wonderful dr who will not put you forward for anything unless I am really ready and he thinks it is needed.
    • Posted

I really think you don't need any more tests. it is your anxiety and stress that is causing an IBS flare up.  Take your antispasmodics and painkillers and that will help with the pain.  Once you get your pain under control, your  health anxiety will stop because you won't have anything to fuel your anxiety.  

Pre diagnosis, I panicked about a different illness every day for three and a half months because no doctor could give me any firm answers which was the one thing I desperately wanted.  The only thing that lifted the panic was my diagnosis. 

• Posted

You could be my dr he is so good but said he thinks I am spinning too many plates. The urination has carried on today but stop at night which makes me think it’s all in my head. Thank you all for kind replies really set my mind at ease. Have been signed off for a few weeks hopefully can pull myself together x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.