Help please! I feel like I’m going mad

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone. I’m 45 next month and think I’m going through the menopause. I’m so sad right now and feel so down n keep crying. I’m so bad mooded with my husband n children. Don’t know how they r putting up with me. Is it worth me seeing my doctor or not? Thanks in advance xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes do see your dr, some of us just feel unwell or get some very unpleasant physical affects but when its affecting our moods and our family we need all the help we can get. Depends on how good your gp is, man or woman? 

Failing this there are loads of safer alternatives to HRT. You need it confirmed first this is what your going through. Have you stopped periods yet?

Sue xx

• Posted

Thank you so much. I feel like I’m going mad and I’m the only person going through it. I will go and see my doctor see is lovely and I’m sure she will help me. Thank u xx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah sounds  like Classic Peri to me Hunni !!!

Don’t beat yourself up because as awful as you feel right now it’s very normal for Peri.

Great idea to have a chat with your doctor and get some basic tests and emotional support to start with.

You aren’t going crazy my lovely so be kind to yourself, breathe and seek advice and support. This forum is great to sound off or just chat as we are all in the same boat and completely understand.

Take care and let us know how you get on xxx

• Posted

Thank you. I just needed to hear I’m not alone. I will go n see my doctor thanks for the advice xxx
  • Posted

Hi, I am (48) and could have written everything ypu have written. I am so fed up with everything and everyone around me. Most of all I am.fed up with myself. I just want to run away from myself . Seeing a DR is always an option. But in my experience they will want to give you an antidepressants or HRT if ypu can take it. I feel trapped in my body mind. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

I feel exactly the same. Even tonight when I screamed at my 14 year old for spilling some milk when he was making me a brew I thought shall I go! Then cried cus I felt guilty for screaming at him! I can’t win with myself it’s a horrible feeling and it’s not me! I’m the life n soul of the party so bubbly so loud and I just feel so empty like I’ve nothing there?! I don’t like this feeling 😪 your reply has made me realise though that I’m not alone and that it’s part of life! Have u been to your doctor? Xxx

• Posted

All GP want to do is give antidepressants. And I do not want it. All day today I was shouting at my husband and feeling irritated by anything he said or did. Then my 8 year old daughter witnessing all this. I of course shouted at her time to time or very sharp with her too. Spent rest of evening crying with guilt. Feeling empty. It feels like living in a frosty jar; you vaguely see outside/life but you are not fully part of it. I SERIOUSLY FEEL sorry for our bubbly 8 year old daughter. She has got me as a mother. What a model I am at the moment. I am worried about mesding her future. She couldn't even go to sleep tonight seeing me tearful. Thank you for reading and understanding. Thank you for being there ladies.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

You are not alone!  It is definitely worth seeing your doctor though, as ImagineCeleb points out, they often want to just give us anti-depressants. So trust your instincts with their advice and make a judgement about what is right for you. 

I would ask your doctor for vitamin level testing. At this time of year, especially for those of us in northern climates, we are not getting enough vitamin D. That can really affect mood and joints.  And vitamin B is partially responsible for seratonin production; so if we are low on that anxiety and dread can be more pronounced. 

You are not alone! I can't tell you how many times I have felt like a terrible parent because I could not control my moods. I try to learn what are my triggers (fatigue, too much sugar, stress at work) and anticipate them as best I can so I minimize my counter productive behaviors. At least naming them to those I love "I'm going to have an 'I didn't get to workout today' explosion" helps and sometimes gives a decent laugh in the house. 

We are here for you! 

• Posted

Yes definitely go to your doc and get a blood test to check that you definitely are peri and all your other levels are fine too then you can go from there. My doctor put me onto Remifemin. It’s all natural and after 10 days not one hot flush! 
  • Posted

I do not trust the blood results. When either had one all came out perfect! But I somehow do not feel perfect abd lots of the horrible meno symptoms many ladies go through.
    • Posted

I am completely with you! I have nearly every symptom of perimenopause but my hormone levels checked out as normal. Which, I think is BS because your hormones fluctuate so much how can you get an accurate read?? I wish doctors would start listening to their patient and not only rely on test results

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.