Help pleaseeee:(

Posted , 41 users are following.

Ok so iv been suffering from health anxiety for a while now since September/October last year when I fount some lymph nodes up in my neck, I had the doctor check these which he said he wasn't worried about. After numerous times going back he finally referred me for bloods which all came back normal. I know everybody says to stay away from Google but I have been searching and all that comes up is lymphoma. The doctor is sending me for an ultrasound on these but not until May 2nd and further bloods may 6th this is so long away! Every ache/pain I feel like it's all cancer relatedsad

Can anxiety do this to me? I just keep feeling down and depressed about it. To the point where I'm having mood swings and taking it all out on my partner!

What I would like to know is if it was cancer would I have severe symptoms of this? I feel like I'm getting symptoms of cancer but would that be because iv read up on it I'm looking into it too much? I just need my mind to be put at rest. Thank you xx

2 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello has anyone found out why they have a lymth node  uve had one I feel it each size of neck next to muscle doctors say it tiny I think it feel huge I had a scan it showed all nodes were healthy some on one side were  3cms...  No one seems to be concerned I'm worried it could be serious sad aniexty is really bad
  • Posted

Hi Kristy, 

I am 15 and I have the exact same problem, it is so good knowing that i am not alone with this problem. I have extreme anxiety over getting cancer. I found an enlarged lymph node in my neck few weeks ago and it isn't going away, i am getting very stressed about it. I have told my mum about it but she doesn't seem to be worried about it and she doesn't understand why i am concerned about it sad 

• Posted

Hello Omg I have one to km so scared it could be cancer doctors said I'm over reacting it's been there bout 5months I'm always thinking bout it have u been doctors 
  • Posted

HI just seen this thread. I have been to have nodes checked at the hospital today which thankfully seem ok, bloods fine. I have a little one age 2 and know i have some anxieties to health for justified reasons, and just think you appreciate life so much more, understand the fragility of it when you have little ones.

I went for a routine operation last year through choice to have my thryroid removed,it was overactive & affecting my ability to function day to day and problem had been recurrent.

On removal of the thyroid they found an encapsulated micro papilary carcinoma which means a it was a micro cancer that was contained.It could have gone off in the future, may not have done, likely would have.  I have a very difficult yr almost goingthrogh the grieving process, worrying about what ifs and jumping at any health concer, justifiably so. But actually i am very lucky, i have had great medical treatment from the nhs.

I am at un currently training within medical profession, which accelrates concern due to some knowledge, but google is the worse thing you can do. I could have self diagnosed myself with three different cancers last week ,and it is in fact very damaging. Cancerand the word association id horific and frightening, every year when  have a check up i feeling like pooping my pants it opens the box again, (although grateful for the monitoring) It is a frightening illness especially when you have known someone, or had a scare yourself, which they say is 1 in 3.

Its good to be aware, but you will make yourself ill if you carry on. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

You just need to try get on with life and stop worrying unecssarily. If you need Cognitive behavoural therapy (CBT) it may be a good way to rationalise your thoughts and put things into perspective.

The fear of being ill will make affect your health and wellbeing, lifes short, enjoy it , live it, and take acton if its making you feel that bad. Defo think symptoms could be relate dto anxiety can body do very funny things.

Take care and stop worrying!

• Posted

Hi I've just been reading all the letters sent in by women and young girls. I've had anxiety now on and off for sixteen years I'm 44. It started when my daughter was eight months old. I would be running around making sure my house was spotless everything had to have a place. The reason for that was my childhood, my mums house would be an absolute mess and dirty, the smell that would come from my mums house was unreal. Friends would comment at school about the state of my mums house. The reason I'm sayin this is because that was the start of my anxiety. When I moved out of my mums to start a life with my husband. I had abuse thrown at me from my mum and my stepdad. My confidence was shattered, my husband helped me build it back up again. But as soon as my daughter came along so did the anxiety.  Like I said when my daughter was eight months old friends and family started dying. Then there was the beef scare. There was also a war going on in Iraq. All this contributed to my anxiety. I couldn't read news papers for fear of there being something bad like a new illness or someone dying. It got to a point wear I planned my own funeral incase I died. I wouldn't go out of the house incase my daughter caught s disease. One day I was out shopping and a friend said hello to me. I just panicked pushed my shopping trolley to one side and walked out of the supermarket. I worried I had cancer. Of all types. Brain disease. Everything you name it I had it. Then one day I noticed my daughter was exceptionally hot and lifeless. I rang my doctor who said just give her calpol. I didn't listen instead I took my daughter to hospital. My daughter had meningitis. That shook me out of my anxiety. The first time. The second time it hit me was three years ago my best friend died of cancer of the bladder her doctor kept telling her she had an infection. And just kept giving her antibiotics. When finally she was sent to hospital in the November, it was to late the cancer had spread to her kidneys. She died in the March. I then hit rock bottom my anxiety came back with a vengeance. Then another blow came another friend of mine was diagnosed with ALS or motor neurones disease. They gave her three years to live. I then focused on her symptoms. My hands would lock up I felt weak my legs felt like jelly. I went to my GP. She told me it was my anxiety and that it can mimic illnesses. She wanted to put me on depression tablets but I refused. She then sent me to CBT which helped a lot. Then one day I was watching Peter Andre on tele and he also suffers with extreme anxiety where his hands would lock up. This sort of put my mind at rest. What scares me is if you  have life insurance and you start to take antidepressants and then something does happen like your diagnosed with something the insurance won't pay out because you've been on antidepressants. This I know is true because my cousin was put on antidepressants she told her insurance company because her doc told her to. And they terminated her contract. She wasn't allowed to apply for anymore life insurance until she had been clean for five years of the anti depressants. That  added to my worries. I now have the shaking at night aching arms and legs palpitations. And I worry evey time I go to the docs. All I'm saying is you not on your own. I now drink decafe coffee and tea no fizzy drinks and no chocolate as they all contain high levels of caffeine. As I'm writing this I have doctors today. And I'm totally in a mess about going because of the diagnosis. But I know that when I get home my three beautiful children will be there waiting to celebrate Halloween. With myself and my husband. Anxiety never goes away but you can manage it and how it affects you. Good luck your not on your own.😊😊😊😊
  • Posted

Hi I've just been reading all the letters sent in by women and young girls. I've had anxiety now on and off for sixteen years I'm 44. It started when my daughter was eight months old. I would be running around making sure my house was spotless everything had to have a place. The reason for that was my childhood, my mums house would be an absolute mess and dirty, the smell that would come from my mums house was unreal. Friends would comment at school about the state of my mums house. The reason I'm sayin this is because that was the start of my anxiety. When I moved out of my mums to start a life with my husband. I had abuse thrown at me from my mum and my stepdad. My confidence was shattered, my husband helped me build it back up again. But as soon as my daughter came along so did the anxiety.  Like I said when my daughter was eight months old friends and family started dying. Then there was the beef scare. There was also a war going on in Iraq. All this contributed to my anxiety. I couldn't read news papers for fear of there being something bad like a new illness or someone dying. It got to a point wear I planned my own funeral incase I died. I wouldn't go out of the house incase my daughter caught s disease. One day I was out shopping and a friend said hello to me. I just panicked pushed my shopping trolley to one side and walked out of the supermarket. I worried I had cancer. Of all types. Brain disease. Everything you name it I had it. Then one day I noticed my daughter was exceptionally hot and lifeless. I rang my doctor who said just give her calpol. I didn't listen instead I took my daughter to hospital. My daughter had meningitis. That shook me out of my anxiety. The first time. The second time it hit me was three years ago my best friend died of cancer of the bladder her doctor kept telling her she had an infection. And just kept giving her antibiotics. When finally she was sent to hospital in the November, it was to late the cancer had spread to her kidneys. She died in the March. I then hit rock bottom my anxiety came back with a vengeance. Then another blow came another friend of mine was diagnosed with ALS or motor neurones disease. They gave her three years to live. I then focused on her symptoms. My hands would lock up I felt weak my legs felt like jelly. I went to my GP. She told me it was my anxiety and that it can mimic illnesses. She wanted to put me on depression tablets but I refused. She then sent me to CBT which helped a lot. Then one day I was watching Peter Andre on tele and he also suffers with extreme anxiety where his hands would lock up. This sort of put my mind at rest. What scares me is if you  have life insurance and you start to take antidepressants and then something does happen like your diagnosed with something the insurance won't pay out because you've been on antidepressants. This I know is true because my cousin was put on antidepressants she told her insurance company because her doc told her to. And they terminated her contract. She wasn't allowed to apply for anymore life insurance until she had been clean for five years of the anti depressants. That  added to my worries. I now have the shaking at night aching arms and legs palpitations. And I worry evey time I go to the docs. All I'm saying is you not on your own. I now drink decafe coffee and tea no fizzy drinks and no chocolate as they all contain high levels of caffeine. As I'm writing this I have doctors today. And I'm totally in a mess about going because of the diagnosis. But I know that when I get home my three beautiful children will be there waiting to celebrate Halloween. With myself and my husband. Anxiety never goes away but you can manage it and how it affects you. Good luck your not on your own.😊😊😊😊
    • Posted

Omg this is what im like i worry i have cancer all the time and that im going to leave my two children and partner, i feel sick every day, im currently waiting on a smear test as i was losing brownish discharge when i wasnt due on and have back ache the doctor doesnt for a second think it cervical cancer, he tested my urine and said ive got a water infection😕 its just a constant worry isnt it 😢 xx
    • Posted

.Hi Nicola I had the same thing a few years ago try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. But worrying will only make your anxiety worse.😔at this moment I have the shakes and that's because I went out last night with my husband and I don't normally drink but I had one. I was woken i the night with shaking and worry. I know it's because anxiety and alcahol don't mix. I'm like you I worry that will my husband cope if something happened to me. I put this question to my husband. And his reply was he would have to cope. I think a lot of women have the same worry but ours escalates to a point where we over think things. I have docs today and I'm totally stressed. But we shall see. Not for anxiety but another thing. Still scared though. Recently I found a lump in my boob was sent to hospital over a two day examination I had the all clear. But at the time I thought I'm going to fight this. This is just a blip in life. Good luck let me know how you get on but you'll be fine.xxx☺️
    • Posted

Thanks for ur reply and i hope all is well at the doctors👍 health anxiety steals our happiness doesnt it? Did u used to convince urself u had a certain cancer so much u ended up with symptoms? Im just so worried all the time😢 feel like i  cant get out of it, hes given me antibiotics for the water infection but doesnt feel like they are doin anything and ive only got two more days left of tablets...so now my thoughts are running away with me and im thinking its cancer 😢 xx
    • Posted

Yes I would and sometimes still do convince myself that I have a disease where I'm going to die. When I was at my worst I had all the cancers known to man. And my friend who has motor neurons disease. I convinced myself I had that to. I would ask her syptoms then later that day I would have them. Our brains are powerful things. People think it's computers that are powerful but who puts the information into them. That how my husband made me look at it. As for the water infection you might just need another antibiotic. I only know this because I have kidney disease not a bad one.👍But one where only certain antibiotics work. 😳So please don't worry about that. As I said as well I also had the brownish discharge a few years ago I had all the tests you could think of. Everything was fine. 😊 yours will be to. I just think our bodies don't release all the rubbish at once. My sister had it as well and was also worried it could be cancer.  I know this sounds silly but I wish I could contact you coz sometimes you just need to talk to someone who knows what your going through. But I here if you need a chat. But chin up and say ok so these antibiotics may have not worked so the next ones will. Drink lots of water as well this spears up the process of the antibiotic and flushes you out. Xx👍👍👍👍👍☺️☺️☺️
    • Posted

Awww thanks for ur reply...i wish we could u could contact me too, well hpoefully it wont be anything serious, im peeing loads as im drinking so much water its unreal, its so scary i just want this to end...its robbing me of happiness with my partner and our two children😢 im worried sick its either cervical or bladder cancer, im only 27 and im an absolute wreck xxx
    • Posted

Awww thanks for ur reply...i wish we could u could contact me too, well hpoefully it wont be anything serious, im peeing loads as im drinking so much water its unreal, its so scary i just want this to end...its robbing me of happiness with my partner and our two children😢 im worried sick its either cervical or bladder cancer, im only 27 and im an absolute wreck xxx
    • Posted

• Posted

Hi Maria. I was just reading some of your responses and thought I would share what I am going through with you. I'm 29 years old and suffer severe health anxiety. I get all these symptoms and then when the doctor says I'm okay after only looking at me, I feel better for a short while and then something new comes on. I recently git over hand, foot and mouth disease which I caught from my 13month old and ever since I have had these weird feelings in my neck on the left side as well as in the lower left part of my skull. Sometimes it moves to my right and I also feel pressure and sometimes aches in the left temporal part  of my head. I'm always checking for lumps and swelling as well. Two weeks ago I had a cyst/lipoma on the left side of my head behind my ear that the doctor said was benign. It has gone down a lot but I'm so worried that this is what is causing al this pressure etc and or I have lymphoma or a brain tumor. I can't help but think I'm constantly going to die. My husband and familyy tell me that I need to stop thinking negatively, but I can't stop! Just when I start emotionally feeling better and I think my symptoms are getting better they get worse or something new or stronger comes on. I'm terrified. Im so afraid they're going ro dismiss my symptoms as just anxiety and then it will be too late for me. I know so many people friends and family who have had, have or have died from cancer. I'm so afraid I am going to leave my husband and daughter behind and die far too young. I feel hopeless. I should mention as well that in 2009 I felt like I had a kidney stone and everyone and docs dismissed me for a month and then it got so bad that I went to the er one night and turns out I had a big stone! Im afraid they're doing the same thing now except it's much worse. sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.