help plz

Posted , 4 users are following.

ello evryone , my name is benni and i m 34 years old , about 2 months bk i start geting panic attacks so i decided to go see my gy had a chat with him ,and he decided to tri citalopram with me first 2 weeks was hell am on week 3 now bit better but cumes and gose up and down ,, i just wana to ask u lot dose 10mg work ,, i really dont know i started this medication for anxiety but is made me depressed some days i never had a prob with depression,, Help dose it get better or is better to stop them 😞😞😞🙏

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, they normally start you off on 10mg or 20mg, I was upped from 20mg to 40mg 11 days ago, my side effects have started to go and my anxiety is only there in the morning when I wake so a big improvement, I'm feeling a bit flat at the moment but I'm getting better,, unfortunately these meds don't work straight away and can take up to 12 weeks for your brain to balance itself out, see your gp again and talk to them, things do get better I promise

• Posted

thanks i hope so coz i havent been work for nerly 3 weeks i still cant coz mos of the time that i started tis table i m feelin anxious... 
    • Posted

I've had 2 weeks off but hopefully going back on Monday, I feel anxious going to work but once there I will be ok and my close work friends have kept in touch so that's helped, I've been open and honest with my employers and friends doing that was the start of my recovery, day 11 and constantly tired but improving 😀

• Posted

🤞🤞🤞 hope we get thru tis,, i s**t scared always been a sensetive person look i m only on 10mg and always thinkin is tis gone help or i m just gone end up been panick for the rest of my life.😞

• Posted

Hey positive thinking 😉 we WILL get through this 😀 as someone else has said it does take time to balance out,, I'm going to try Yoga later wish me luck lol, I'm a sensitive person too but I hide it alot,, hang on in there 😀

• Posted

gd luck hope u have a gd time.... i m gone tri to go for a walk on this cold weather ,, i always was a positive persone and always funn , that has put on hold feelin down sad
  • Posted

10mg does work for a lot of people, 3 weeks in is quite early though. It can be tough at the beginning but it does get easier as the weeks go by.
  • Posted

10mg does work for a lot of people, 3 weeks in is quite early though. It can be tough at the beginning but it does get easier as the weeks go by.
  • Posted

Hello Benni, I think I have the perfect solution for your panic attacks. I used to get them years ago. Basically, too much adrenaline going around your body, and other bad chemicals. Try lying down on the floor, facing down. Make a pillow of your hands, for your head. Big toes touch each other, and roll your ankles outwards. Basically you are just lying on your front. Lye their for 30 mins, or until you fall asleep. Needs to be on a firm or hard floor, with minimal cushioning, carpet is perfect. Needs a little cushioning, as too uncomfortable otherwise. Your weight will compress your lungs, so you breathing is a little more difficult. This actually helps, as your breathing slows down. As you are lying on a relatively hard floor, your muscles are forced to relax. I think this works well, as so many of your muscles, a large surface area, are grounded to the floor. This grounding should stop the panic attack, along with softer breathing. Should really relax you. I only found this out after doing lots of yoga. After my first panic attacks, I didn't believe in yoga or anything like that. However, a friend recommended shiatsu massage. Have 5 weekly sessions, didn't have another panic attack for years. Years later, discovered lying on your front for 30 mins worked just as well. Once you understand and believe in why you are having a panic attack, they get easier to deal with and accept.

• Posted

i will tri nigel, i m on day 25 citalopram the panic attacks have cume down a bit , now feeling anxious all the time what if , keep thinkin , i keep having vivad dreams i think is the medication, dont know anymore is keepin me indoors all day i never was like this .... i pray for everyone evryday to get better and for my self is so hard ,, i cant even go work at the moment... 😞😞 thanks for you message nigel,,,,

• Posted

It's hard isn't it. Just when you think it's sorted, it goes against you. Everyone says to keep with it, so thats what we should do. I do remember that on my previous anti depressant, it was sorted, and I felt great for years. Just have to wait it out. That lying down thing does work for me. If you try it, just concentrate on falling asleep, or your breath. Have noticed that at stage I'm at, if I miss a day of yoga, I don't feel as good next day. Needs to be gentle yoga for me, with soft breathing. It hardly helps when I'm depressed, but when I'm anxious or a bit flat, it helps then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.