HELP - Pre Menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am REALLY new to this and I would be grateful for any advice.  My doctor thinks i am pre menopausal but was a bit aprehensive about saying it as I am only 37.  For the past few months I have been feeling really tired, having headaches, bad anxiety and really bad mood swings, one minute I'm fine the next I am like a crazy woman....the next I'm crying and recently I have had really tender swollen breasts and nausea.  So much so I have done 3 pregnany test (2 at home and 1 with the doc) all negitive. Is this normal? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi ang77

well peri menopause is a feeling of anxiety, restlessness, hot flushes, night sweats

irregular periods, sometimes for longer times, skipped, prolonged, etc etc..

i started peri at age of 40 ..

but the hormones actually begin to decline from the age of 35 they say..

hot flushes and night sweats are usually an indicator, these tend to happen in early peri menopause for alot of women ..

i took rainforest food Maca 5.1 capsules in early peri and still do.

also a Vit B6 ( 100mg) daily will help you 

jay xx

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am suffering really bad sweats and have been for a few months, but not a night.  I feel that warm i could strip!!  I am no the mini pill for my mirgraines and moods so i've not had a period for nealry 9 months.  I was just really worried about the tender breasts and nausea.    Everyone thinks of the menopause and they think night sweats.....well at least thats what I thought.  Again, thanks for your reply.xx
    • Posted

Hi ang 

well the mini pill will also effect your hormones .. 

I chose to have a natural menopause .. I started age 40 and had a natural steady hormonal decline ( peri menopause ) for 10 years.

i am post menopause now and age 50.

HRT was not an option for me, plus i personally wanted nature to take its course .. HRT replaces the declining hormones and when HRT is stopped the symptoms of peri menopause start all over again for many women, as the Hormones decline again..

thats all personal choice.

good luck 

jay xx

• Posted

Thank you Jay.  I am so glad I have found this site.  It's good to know I am not on my own and I am not going crazy.  I will give those B vitamins a go. xx

• Posted

Hi ang

no .. Your not going crazy ... 😊

if you consider HRT do some research on it .. Types etc ..

there are many.. Premarin, Premique and Prempak C are Equine HRT

( made from pregnant mares Urine ) something Doctors fail to explain.

some women prefer the patch HRT as it is transdermal and doesnt go via the liver ..

i am post menopause and i didnt have HRT due to family health history and previous endometriosis in my thirties and personal choice as I didnt want it.

but.. Post menopause as i am now, i do use a kinder oestrogen called Ovestin Estriol vaginal ovules this is only as post menopause vaginal dryness can become quite painful and this treats that problem.. 😞

there are many options out there ..

just gen up on it all and see what you think is best for you ..

Gynos are more clued up than GP's generally .. ( in my experience) 

i dont live in UK .. I live in southern spain 

take care 

jay xx

• Posted

Hello. Yes I'm afraid this can be normal in some women. I had the same symptoms following a hysterectomy and oophorectomy in 1991 and my GP started me on HRT. You are young I know but it is possible you could be starting to go through the menopause. Do you know what age your mother started the menopause? That's often a clue
    • Posted

Hi Matron, thanks for your reply. My mum took it at 36!  It is the worst feeling ever.   I just dont feel myself but I couldnt really tell you why!! xx

• Posted

Hi again ang. Well it could be the menopause then. Like mother like daughter! Speak to your GP and discuss your options. HRT has benefits. I am 61 and just stopped taking it. It's because I was young then and my GP and gynaecologist wanted me to take it to prevent osteoporosis and also to give me a better quality of life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.