Help, question

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've been having a lot of pain in my left breast, then my heart will beat fast every now & then. After I take a few deep breaths it slows down. Well now I have a lot of pressure on my left rib & it's not all of my ribs but some, and sometimes it even hurts a little tiny bit under Meath, any one have any answers? I feel like it may just be stress but I'm not sure

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

Sounds like anxiety to me I had the same symptoms and I worried for days till I had a full blown panic attack

It was a trigger point I pulled and these can feel very much like heart probs and u worrying about tour heart rate will only make it worse as your anxious about it and this will make your heart rate rise and make u panic

Have u done anything like workout or lifting lately

Also do u have any other symptoms and how long this been going on

• Posted

No I haven't worked out or anything. It's been going on with my ribs for a while and chest. The other night I couldn't sleep really at all because I was so afraid about my chest. And my back feels really right also. And of course a lot of head tension.

• Posted

Yh Def anxiety.

Anxiety effects muscles and it causes tension anywhere in the body

Head tensions I get like a band is round my head above my eyes and I have to frown alot and I get spaced out feeling

Best thing try not to let it get to u just ride it out and be positive that it is nothing to worry about

Ul find that the anxiety will start on something then move to something else as u are stressed and it just brings it on more and more so pls just try and forget about it and stop checking for heartbeat etc as any fast heartbeat will make u think oh f I hope I'm ok

Ul be fine try and relax and carry on with your life and it will pass

Richard x

• Posted

Wow, that helped. Thank you so much, I appreciate the answer. I will try to focus on positive! Have a good one (:
    • Posted

Not to bother you again, but I'm also getting really sharp pains in my left upper breast.. is that also the anxiety?? And then it kinda goes numb..

• Posted

Hi. I've had this for fifteen years! I wen to hospital twicw over it and all heart tests were normal. So now I've taught myself it's nothing to worry about.

Mind you, it took me a long time to convince my brain that nothing was wrong!!

Good luck.                       love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.