HELP rash on neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi I am new all this. I had a facial two weeks ago and developed red raised lumps on my neck and a few on my face. The doc prescribe hay fever tablets and clobetasone butyrate cream.  They almost cleared up and I went Abroad same week. At a couple of days it came back plus swollen eye lids and face underneath eye area. Had to hospital and had an injection. Urbason a steroid. It seemed to do the trick and calmed down 2 days later, my last day on hol. However 3 days after returned home my rash came back on my neck and each day got worse. Very itchy and sore spreading to my chest, side of my noise, under my eye and inside my nostril. The doc prescribed prednisolone 30 mg a day for a week plus creams & hay fever tabs mentioned above. Took them today and my rash is very aggressive & yellow heads appearing now. Could this be dermatomositis. Thinking of going to the hospital if no better on Sunday. Can anyone please advise. 

ThanksThanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine, it sounds as though you had an allergic reaction to something that they used when you had the facial.

It would be useful to know what they used on you and what the ingredients are.

That might give you/the doctors a clue as to what it is that you are allergic to.

Are you still on the prednisolone?  When I developed a rash and before they discovered what was causing it, one of my GPs prescribed an antihistamine called Hydroxyzine.  It is an old fashioned sedating type antihistamine and it helped me a lot.  Recently it has gone out of favour.  I have just found the link that I commented on

https://patient.info/forums/(F(W8k6dBExZtF9QdDhsnGtUQ7sgjt6eqw7TNW-2@@3PztX_8Ry2YiBA1XjLEbyOtnOcjOBGWdShsy6fjU6wayugcU1))/discuss/hydroxyzine-33175

• Posted

Hi  thanks for your reply. I am still on prednisolone for another 5 days. Had to go back to docs again today and he prescribed flucloxacillin for a week. I checked online if anyone else had a reaction to facial and it so happens 

A doctor issued allergy warnings.to the product. Today the doctor said it was the facial and I have got chemical burns that are now infected. It's so horrible never experienced anything like this before.

• Posted

Sorry, the link doesn't work, it says that Hydroxyzine can cause cardiac arrythmias in some people.  It also caused me to have restless legs after I had been taking it for about 18 months but, it helped tremendously and I no longer need it.

10 years or so ago, I developed a rash and eventually found that I am allergic to formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers.  I was lucky, in that I was referred for patch testing.  I don't believe they do that now because it is so expensive.

As for going to hospital,  I don't know what to advise.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up