help required please.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, i am new to this site, and my doctor told me that i am suffering from acid reflux and IBS, due to stress.

this started back in june when i had gastroenteritis, it has continued for 8 months of and on, some times i have really good days and i feel happy and thrilled that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. i am on Lansoprazole, once a day.

its just that i am unsure on his diagnosis as i am worries of other things that it could be, i had a blood test and he tested for almost everything, but im very scared.

i have a severe needle phobia so the blood test took some real courage.

my symptoms are:

* pain in the upper abdomen,

* shaking all over the body, this comes and goes,

* belching,

* nausea,

* fear,

* cough with flem coming up, (but my hubby has a cough also),

* some times my head feels sightly drunk.

i am quite a worrier, and the doctor is sending me on a anxiety course, he says it will help.

i have 3 young children who run me ragged, and a husband.

any help would be great, i am so frightened about going back to the doctors because i don't like having tests especially ones with needles involved. The fear of this makes my stomach very painful.

could anyone help me to feel better, i herd some where that apples can help, any other food i could try/ cut out. do you think my doctor is correct?

thanks Katsen

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

forgot to mention i also have GAD.

thanks katsen :?

• Posted

i know when i start to get pains in my stomach i drink a hot peppermint drink, i usually get the cordial and add hot water. Does the trick or eat vanilla ice cream. i say vanilla cos i avoid chocolate if my stomach is feeling bad. Ive also heard that apples help so i have been eating 1 a day im not sure if it working yet. Sometimes plain bicuits e.g. digestives help or shortbreads. id avoid tea and fizzy drinks aswell id drink milk, not sure if semi skimmed or skimmed work same as the whole fat milk i drink. Hope this helps please let me know if you kno of any other foods that help.
  • Posted

hi there

i have the same fears and i am on the medication you are on

i have a pulsing that starts in my abdomen and radiates upwards, sometimes it make me so i have to lie down cause i can,t breath (had to get out the shower with shampoo on and lie down the otherday as felt i was gonna pass out!!)

It makes my heart pound and it sometimes feels that all the air is bieng pushed out my lungs. My chest aches as well but its the breathing (or lack of!) attacks that scare me

I have the same thoughts as you that the docs are missing something cause acid can't possibly make me like this. I even said to the doc 'i will haunt you if i'm found dead spralled out naked with shampoo on my hair' !! lol

i think sometimes we can make the symptoms worse by panicking

fingers crossed we have been diagnosed right.

• Posted

Please try:

Pure aloe vera juice - twice a day

Manuka honey - as higher factor as you can get but at least 10+

A good health food shop will stock both - and also available on the internet. Both products are excellent for healing.

Please try not too panic. I also get VERY stressed about my health and I absolutely promise you it makes you feel far worse and increases the acid activity...... The mind has a strong affect over the stomach and related areas. Thinking positively it one of the best treatments. Also raise the head of your bed (or get a medical support pillow - put 'Medslant' in google).

I would advise no tea/coffee (and even herbal teas in moderation - I like white tea), NO CHOCOLATE and try and avoid alcohol (I sometimes have the odd glass but anymore than that and I get problems for days). I also avoid tomatoes.

Take care and God Bless

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.