HELP! RIGHT UPPER AB PAIN! Am I nuts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I AM NOT ALONE! I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago.  I've had three endoscopies, been to Mayo, had my Pylorus stretched, told me I don't have gastroparesis (after they said I did), had CT scans, MRIs, emptying study...yet still nauseated to the point of throwing up, right ab pain, constipation, and elevated pancreatic enzymes.  And they call ME a mystery.  Said I had no stone blockage.  No SOD.  No MALS.  I take Marinol because I've lost 30 pounds.  I think I'm going crazy! And I see the surgeon tomorrow and he doesn't want to cut on me because he doesn't think he'll find anything.  I'm almost ready to LET him! This has been going on since September 2017. Depression is the worst!

Report this

? 0

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh, Lisa, I hope you find help but I understand your struggle.   Been 15 years of off and on pain and diarrhea for me.   I saw a new Gastro doctor in Austin and am having a scope tomorrow.   Last week he told me to only take Cholestyramine WHEN I have diarrhea and to start taking Pepcid 20 mg.   I followed his advice and within a couple of days, I wasn't hurting as much.   Mine may, indeed, have to do with stomach issue, not gallbladder area, which is what I thought (had it removed 15 years ago).   I had an ulcer years ago when my husband had a heart attack, and honestly, this pain is THAT bad, so maybe I have another one.   Will know after tomorrow.   I am sure yours isn't as simply as taking an antacid but honestly, I am pretty astounded by the amount of relief I got from doing that.   Not fixed by a long shot, but at least not as painful.   Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Lisa, have you had a endricrine pancreatic insuffiency test? Try researching epi, it could also be bile insufficiency. There are several supplements that could help, also check out you tube for much info..good luck to you
    • Posted

Never heard of this! I'm going to check it out! Thank you! BUT, wouldn't the bile insufficiency show in blood work up? I'll look it up.

• Posted

It's hard, having your gallbladder removed causes several problems in some the doctors don't tell you about, one could be bile released into your digestive system when you don't need it and not enough when you do, check out you tube, lots of good info on this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.