Help!! Scared of dieing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a alcoholic I drink 8-10 for the last few months but been on and off it for a few years. pints of Guinness a night and also I have such a bad fear of dieing in my sleep. I'm scared that il die from alcohol or sudden adult death syndrome in my sleep. Isit rare? It's badly effecting my life and its making my drink more and its ruining my life. Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

this might sound over-simplified, but have you tried cutting back or laying off the alcohol? Booze makes anxiety worse. It is not helping you, trust me. If you do things to improve your health, maybe your anxiety will subside. Find something you can do instead of drink when your anxiety starts up. its hard i know but give it a go.
  • Posted

Now is the perfect time to do something about your drinking.  You could talk to your doctor-he/she can give you something to help you with withdrawals, and he/she will help you find a rehab place.  They have outpatient places, where you get a shot or a pill , once a month and have therapy on an on needed basis.  You are taking the right step in being concerned about it.  I have seen alcohol do damage to my husband and now my son. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.