HELP SEVERE SHOOTING PAINS IN TOP OF MY BACK GOING INTO MY FRONT?? IS THIS ANXIETY? ?!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv just literally thought i was going to pass out the pain was that severe it came out of nowhere it was so sharp in my back where my shoulder blades are and now its gone to my front where both my breasts are I can't even describe how severe it was its really freaked me out it lasted about 10 minutes is this related to anxiety? Iv recently started my propranolol again this morning and its calmed my fast heart rate down but why has this pain all of a sudden come I seriously thought it was a heart attack or I was going to pass out! I felt ok all day too except for the odd flutter please can someone reassure me its not the start of a heart attack I can assure I haven't had this pain before not this bad literally in between my shoulder blades im so scared it made me dizzy its still there but not as strong im scared iv just took 2 co codamol what should I do if it comes back so severe again???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi laura trust me it's no heart attack it's related to anxiety i also think that this time its gonna be heart attack but it's not it's all in our mind when i get chest pain i normallly do breathing excersie and it helps me and xanax also help me with my anxiety
    • Posted

I know but it is so severe and I was calm I haven't even got a racing heart the pain is directly in between my shoulder blades going into my front chest area it is so painful and feels like its taking my breath away I really don't think its anxiety its too painful its like a stabbing pain like iv been winded in my back it really hurts :,(
  • Posted

Please don't worry or get in a pickle with this, I have severe health anxiety and panic disorder and I get this pretty much every day, but I also get bad chest pain, normally on the left side. I've had every test under the sun and there is nothing wrong with me, it's my body and mind playing tricks on me. When this first started I had an ambulance out twice as thought I was having a heart attack, but I now know that it's only anxiety. I found that reading some b
    • Posted

Books about anxiety helped me understand what was happening. Hope your feeling better now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.