Help slightly high cholesterol now worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I had quite a few blood tests to rule anything out with my breast pains the doc said any probs they would call but they didn't which is a good sign right? I called the surgery and was told docs comments on my bloods were all normal. Only thing that was very slightly raised above normal was my chlosteral but doc doesn't need to see me so is this a good thing as yes you have guessed it I'm panicking it's really bad now and why is it not normal 😩 this is such hell I wish I would just snap out of my worry x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

From what I know about high cholesterol it is the saturated fats in food that turn to plaque and start to block up the artery walls. Now, for you, I wouldn't even worry about this seeing as your Doctor didn't call you back and it is only slightly high which means the plaque pretty much doesn't affect you. If you want to lower your cholesterol, you can try using flora butterine, eat less cakes, anything which is high in sat fat you could try to eat less often. Anything higher than 5g or sat fat per 100g is considered high, below 1.5g of sat fat is low and anything in between is medium. My mum has really high cholesterol levels but she still continues to eat cake and stuff high in sat fat and she's absolutely dandy. I really wouln't worry for you though, you don't even have to cut out the sat fat although it's a healthy lifestyle choice. I really wouldn't worry if I were you.
    • Posted

Conor! Thankyou so very much you have eased my mind tons yes like I say it was only slightly over the normal level was told not to worry just eat a tiny bit healthier x
  • Posted

Tons of cholersterol diets online. Avocadoes and oat bran cereal are fantastic for lowering cholesterol too. The diets are actually very healthy and pretty easy to follow. Stress raises cholesterol by the way. Its a whole science thing with how the body protects itself. 
    • Posted

Thankyou I didn't realise stress raises it??? And I've defo been that lately.It was literally only slightly above normal. I'm just worried that that's a really bad thing now even though docs were not concerned x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.