help so scared I'm having a stroke

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well I have been told I have health anxiety but today I just keep getting head sensations and I feel so weird and weak and dizzy I have told the doctor she says she thinks it's all anxiety but I just can't believe that anxiety can cause all these physical symptons, especially head sensations??? I am only 16 and I am terrified I am going to have a stroke, brain hemorrhage any second I feel so scared please help me sad sad I also have panic attacks which are servere

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya. Anxiety causes many physical symptoms head sensations being one of them called tension headaches from anxiety and stress. Though you may not feel stressed your working yourself up about this so you are. Heart papultations, tingling in arms and legs is all part of it. If you get really concerned you can always call 111 if your in the UK it's non emergency NHS number they can give you advice on what to do next. I'm only 18 I've had it for years if you want anything PM me X
  • Posted

I'm new to anxiety. I just found out that having a sensitive hot head is all anxiety. I know I have to lean to relax. There are a lot of symptons with anxiety. Try not to make yourself crazy worrying over them.
  • Posted

Hello , yes there are over 100 symptoms of anxiety , and I have had a lot of them I too struggle with panic disorder and anxiety , and I have a lot of head sensations and pains , but I've been tested had MRIs and cat scans, blood work and my doctor says I'm healthy and it's just anxiety , which I find hard to believe , I always think something is seriously wrong with my head too , so i know how you feel , what type of feelings do you get in your head ?
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for replying. And it's like a tickling feeling on my scalp?
    • Posted

Yes I get that feeling quite often , and my doctors says its definitely the anxiety , its a very weird feeling !!
    • Posted

Thankyou jenni sometimes I feel like I just can't speak and my arms feel empty and weak is this also part of my anxiety?

• Posted

Yes these can all very well be signs and symptoms of anxiety , there are so many !
  • Posted

Hey John,

If you doctors ran tests on your and they say that you're fine, you should trust their opinion. Anxierty sucks, but you're not alone. If you ned any help, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

But my anxiety is so bad even if I am reasurred by the doctors I always think what if they are missing something? What if I do have a serious illness what if the stroke or brain hemorrhage is only just coming on?? I'm only 16 I was normal about a month ago and now health anxiety is taking over my life sad

• Posted

A stroke wont just come on like that, same with a brain hemmorage. You should really trust them.
    • Posted

Thanks jp, I suppose a stroke would be rare especially at my age
    • Posted

I still think i could be the unlucky one and it will happen to me, anxiety sucks
    • Posted

I felt that way too, you might need a therapist.
  • Posted

John Ive had  depression for 16 years its been tough but manageable, in December 2015 the anxiety started I went to a and e twice because I was certain I was dying, hospital gave me the all clear but still didnt believe anxiety could cause all the ailments, thats when I came onto forums and listening to everyone elses stories has helped.

Anxiety comes with 100's of symptoms just when you think you have got rid of one another appears.

If you have had a health check and everything is ok then its anxiety, your options are medication, therapy,keeping busy and exercise helps to take your mind of it.

Anxiety really sucks, but as I said this is a great forum.

Take care and stay strong

• Posted

Thankyou I understand that anxiety is more common in women? I'm only a 16 year old boy I shouldn't be having these thoughts and feelings and being depressed and anxious all the time it really sucks. So is like a tickling sensation anxiety?? sad

• Posted

Yeh mate its one of the many many symptoms.

Have you tried talking to your family about it, or someone at school.

This may sound lame but there is no quick fix to depression/anxietybiggrin

• Posted

Yes it is and I speak from experience! And let me say stress can make it way worse.... My story if very long and I don't wanna go through it all but let's just say I went to the doctor for blood work after I had baby and my results came out positive for a lot of different things so they had to run test after test... I mean CT scans.. US liver ... GB testing and everything you can imagine ... Mammogram ... Cat scan of brain... Well come to find out the reason those tests came our positive in the beginning was cause I just had a baby... So waiting to get all those tests done gave me panic attacks and health anxiety... I know worry but within that time OMG I had so many symptoms and each time id freak out because it wasn't something I'd felt before.. Tingling I'm head in certain spots.. Headaches .. Pins and needles all over body... Chapped lips all the time that wouldn't go away... Abnormal bowels.. Pain in my breast and sharp pains.. Sharp pains in my head all over and the list goes on... As soon as they'd run tests and everything is as normal... The pains would go away... Stress and anxiety can mess with your head! If you got tests them don't stress and I promise the pains will go away.. I know it's easier said then done but if you've had testing done you are ok and it's stress from freakin out
    • Posted

Thankyou Nicole but I'm litterally so scared I feel like I'm having a stroke right now I'm only 16 sad

• Posted

I understand but it's part of anxiety.. My whole arm .. Leg gets numb and I think I'm having a stroke.. Or when I get anxiety I feel like the room is closing in on me & that I'm gonna faint.. Even certain lighting makes me panic .. It's all apart of anxiety and you have to learn to cope with it ... Just remember when you wake up tomrw.. You are AwAKE! Which means yesterday when you were freakin out.. It was anxiety otherwise you wouldn't b here.. So just tell yourself ok I had these symptoms yesterday & im good.. It's my anxiety .. Take deep breathes and keep yourself busy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.