Help ! Surgery on Monday!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So this is my story, I got really sick in late august I lost my appetite completely, had s colonoscopy and endoscopy all clear... In the past I say 6 years I've had gallbladder pain but never that horrible pain everyone talks about just some pain tenderness and rotate to my back, went to the Dr and hospital never had any gallstones..... So when I had my endoscopy done the Dr orderd a hida scan which revealed 5% EF has anyone had this before, I did have all the nausea and still do but my pain isn't that severe... Can anyone tell me your experience..I am pretty scared!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, sorry to hear your having a rough time of it sad Im kinda in the same situation........Never been in severe pain......i just feel so unwell most days, like im coming down with something like a virus......nausea on and off but never been sick, tenderness/bruised feeling in upper abdomen that strats and breast bone and goes to the right.....kinda hard to explain but feels like a gnawing pain. I also get aches in my back like a lump stuck in my right shoulder blade...... docs thought it was acid reflux so they gave me anti acids which didnt help, they took lots of bloods, nothing showed up then they sent me for an ultra sound scan and later found that the walls of my gall bladder are thicked and inflammed......also their is something else going on inside my gallbadder that the docs were kinda concerned about it and didnt know what it ment  but would need to speak to the surgeon about it  on the 20th of this month. So i beleive you dont have to be in severe pain to have gallbladder problems......i only get a bruised tender feeling there and shooting pains where my gallbladder is situated........xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for the response, well I guess I'll find out doe sure the reason for all this agony. I hope you get answers soon also. Xoxo
  • Posted

I really never had severe pain.  As a matter of fact the day of my surgery the nurse ask "how are you feeling" and I said "great I don't know why I am here".  My issues were diarehea that would 10% of the time that would simply wipe me out for a few hours.  I cook for my family and no one else was getting sick.  I only had uncomfortable pain once which I could not even lay down but paced the floor for 45 mintues, I think I was passing a stone.  I do not know what 5% EF means.  What kind of surgery are you having?
    • Posted

It means my gallbladder is only working 5% almost dead... My gallvkaddr will be removed tomorrow.. I'm so nervous. Not much of the surgery more like if they'll find something else there.
  • Posted

Please go in with a positive additude!  If something else was going on it would of shown up on the ultrasound.  Make sure you just do not come home and sit around.  Ice for the first 24 hours, 15 on 15 minutes off and walk around once every two hours the first day and keep walking every day AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER, like at least 64 ounces per day for the first month.  Do not push yourself, it took me a good five weeks to recover from laproscopic surgery.  AND do NOT lift anything over 15 pounds, you don't want to bust your stiches.  AND do not eat a high fat diet for the first month.  Follow all the instructions your doctor tells you and you will be fine.  Let us know how you are doing tomorrow night.  Best of luck to you!!!
    • Posted

Hi Paula thank you for your kind words, I guess I have a huge phobia of cancer and that is what is freaking me out, what scares me most is I have lost my appetite, when did you get yours out, did you have stones? Mine is deceased.
    • Posted

Hello Paula, I'm home now surgery was a success I still have to find out why it was deceased but the good thing is no cancer!!!! I am home in q lot of pain they gave me oxycodone for the pain and I really don't think its working ... Pain is horrible!
  • Posted

we all have our phobias.  It took me five years to go to a doctor to get a blood test done cause I was scared of finding out bad stuff also.  But we only have one body and we need to take care of it (as I eat a homemade chocolate chip cookie that I used to not be able to eat cause of my gall bladder).  

Just stay positive, the mind is a powerful machine.

I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow night!

• Posted

hi hun i get mine out today (monday) i have suffered 2years with them they keepted fobbing me of aying it was heartburn finally got a scan and showed i do have stones but need my gallbladder out hopefully all goes well with me tomorrow as the last 2 times they cancelled keep up to date!! xx
    • Posted

Good luck what time is your surgery ? Mine is at 10 am so I should be out in less then two he's, and out of the hospital by 2 if all goes well....
    • Posted

Hi chick I got mine out yesterday at 9am I was in so much pain I was on morphine etc was so worth it I came home and was sick tried eating went to bed and was fine been up since 2.30am still in pain not a lot how are you
    • Posted

Hello laura, I did mine today Monday I guess we are in different areas, I'm in California. Its now 9:58pm I had surgery about at 11am and I am in a lot of pain I was even thinking about going to the hospital to get dome morphine and different pain killers they gave me oxycodone and not really doing it for me, plus my belly button is kinda bleeding the sticker or patch they put on me wripped and is bleeding not sure if it is normal...
  • Posted

He Micaela:  sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  Are you icing?  I was allowed to take my pain meds which were codiene AND also take Advil.  I did not really have pain just felt like someone punched me in the stomach real bad.  The hardest thing for me was getting out of bed in the morning, take it real slow!
    • Posted

Hey Paula yes lots of pain I feel like I was ran over with a truck and when I breath it kinda feels like a punch.... Not fun! I was even thinking about going to the hospital to get some morphine and different pain killers, the oxy codone is just not doing it for me... Plus by belly button is bleeding the sticky patch they put on me wripped and its bleeding not much but am worried about air and bacteria going in thru the incision...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.