help think i might have acid reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi .

I have recently been under loads of stress and grieving. I lost my baby at 27 weeks he was born sleeping :-( 27th January. So since then I have had a lump feeling in my throat started to get worse. ( every day )The past 2 weeks or so this feeling as moved onto my chest In between my boobs . Feels like I got food stuck And it travels up and down . I don't get burning but just feels really uncomfortable. I also have symptoms tingling tongue /roof of my mouth/feels like my throat glands are swollen but they not. Really uncomfortable. sometimes I'll get a metal taste is my mouth . Taste abit like blood . My doctor first said I had globus sensation when I just had the lump in my throat ........ From suffering from bad health anxiety and depression I just got told to get a life from a nurse . By the way this is after 3 weeks of losing my baby boy !!!!! Absolutely disgusting How I've been treated. So I seen another doctor last week she said it could be acid reflux and referred me to ENT and gave me tablets. I have this feeling all day every day. Not had a break and could really do with my body going back to normal . Really struggling with this as I think I have some serious illness ( like cancer ovs that's the anxiety side ) but can't help but feel that way , want my baby too xxx so please can someone help me on what to do if it is or sounds like reflux to you xx many thanks

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have very similar symptoms, lump in throat, not painful but very irritating and wierd feeling... Like something in there that I want out.  I have been dreaming of jamming a back scratcher down my throught.

Went to urgent care, got chest xray, was clear...  Was given omeprazole.

I am currently making arrangemnts for my own funeral and getting my affairs in order.

• Posted

Hi your last paragraph struck a nerve in me because months ago no sorry years ago I was feeling the same way. So much so I even have farewell messages to my loved ones currently on my lap top that they are not aware of. Like you having suffered all different strange feels especially the lump in my throat and difficulty with breathing of a night in bed I really thought that I had MND or another muscular disease and was on my way out of this world. It was only after seeing various doctors many times when one suggested I may have acid reflux when everything seemed to click in together. I have had an endoscopy since and its confirmed I have acid reflux but they cannot tell me why. I am avoiding eating foods that could cause it and taking the meds prescribed. I am not happy about taking the meds but as it seems to be making life easier I will carry on taking them. So basically don't give up as many of us have felt the same as you are feeling right now. This forum also helps because it makes you realise that you are not alone and there are others suffering more than yourself. Ted
    • Posted

I was just looking for some information on what happens when you go to ENT as really nerves . So was wondering what other people had done with the camera.Yes I understand other people maybe suffering more and must be horrible. But I am going through a really rough patch at the min. Ain't going into detail X x
    • Posted

mine son had it up his nose and down the throat ,it really does depend on who does it . hun , its not plesant .and some hospitals insist on doing it with out anethstic.this is more uncomfortable and for some painful .

sorry dont want to scare you just being honest . i hope you get someone nice.to do it.

• Posted

hi ted have you looked in to an akaline diet .this is supposed to work marvels by balancing out the body. theres alot of info on line .worth a look.biggrin
  • Posted

Don't be nervous, when I had it done it was nothing, I had more pain at the dentist this week. He sprayed my nose, I waited a short while for it to take effect and then he popped the camera up my nose, I felt nothing and it didn't take very long.

try not to dwell on your condition and think about pleasant things and it will help you take your mind off it. 

• Posted

hi just wondered if you were given the SANDS number still birthand neonatal death charity . help line uk-sands.org

and iv this one sounds really helpful its manned by people who have lost a child themselves. netmums.com  categorie support .

hope you find a way forward .and my your god bless you with much happiness in your future .xx 

• Posted

Hi Yeah I'm with sands I going to my first meeting next month to meet other mums n dads that have been through the same and talk x thankyou x
  • Posted

There are different procedures here.

one is where they can put a camera into your nose and that one was a breeze. It doesn't usually go very far.

An endscopy is the one where they go into your stomach and that starts through your mouth. That can be quite unpleasant so the trick is to have sedation and then its a breeze as you know nothing about it.

• Posted

my son had both . procedurees 

and it ended up with him having his gullet stretched.

sedation might be good but trust me you dont get offered at all hospitals and even where it is offered they try to talk you out of it . i would suggest you insist on it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.